Chapter 137 ~ Winning Is Never The End

Random Fact #2- Rieka hates cats

(a/n: I'm reviving the Kage earlier than in canon - simply because I want them around during certain events.

Also remember Arata and Hibiki? I'm still bringing them back)

::

It was time.

Sasuke knew this — it was why he was here. He had been waiting for a moment like this since he first discovered the truth about the Uchiha Massacre.

He needs answer — and these are the people who will give them to him.

"I need corpses, five." Orochimaru instructed the other members of team Hawk. Reluctantly, they obeyed.

A few moments later, Suigetsu was dragging in the remains of half a blown-up Zetsu while Juugo carried the other three live ones — a disgusted Karin following behind them.

"Ugh, do they need to be alive?" She scrunched her nose up in disgust, which to this Suigetsu barked a laugh — "It's more fun that way." Before dumping the bodies before Orochimaru.

The Sannin began forming hand seals, drawing fuuinjutsu patterns across the flooring of the temple — muttering techniques under his breath.

"Uh... what is he doing?" Suigetsu leaned over to Juugo, asking in a skeptic tone.

Juugo shrugged. "Some sort of fuuinjutsu and ninjutsu combination."

"Yeah... but what for?"

He shrugged again.

Karin, who was full-heartedly ignoring the boys next to her, had her eyes set on Sasuke instead. She gazed at him worriedly, fearing for her beloved's mental state as Sasuke seemed to be drifting further from sanity with each passing day.

"Sasuke-kun?" She called out to him — eery of his solemn mood. Even for the brood he was, it wasn't like him to be so silent.

But he didn't speak, instead he looked to Orochimaru, just as all others did as the Sannin announced — "It's done."

"... what's done?" Karin muttered nervously, staring down at the seals he had drawn.

Orochimaru smirked, before suddenly slamming his hands onto the floor, chanting — "Summoning Technique: Reanimation!"

Then, in the place of four seals stood four coffins — slowly, they opened. Karin took an unconscious step towards Suigetsu as all three members of Hawk peered anxiously into the darkness — even Sasuke watched intently.

The four coffins sunk away to reveal four Hokage.

::

"TEN-TAILS."

Rieka's head snapped up at Obito's call — in almost perfect unison with the beast itself. From a distance she saw Sachihiro look up as well.

It was time.

"Kakashi." She caught the silver-head's attention. "This is it. I-i'm..." Rieka hesitated.

She had a million things to say, but she knew that final call for the beast marked the end of everything. But she couldn't speak, so instead of her million things, she instead nodded her head.

Rieka smirked, half a genuine smile mixed in there, as she said. "Make sure Obito is Hokage."

Then she was gone.

Running off in a totally different direction, Kakashi was too shocked to chase after her — and the chaos sweeping through the alliance stole his attention, so she got away.