Chapter 136 ~ Forever and Never, Together

(a/n: Now that the battle has officially begun you guys should know that the main war fight won't be exactly the same — don't get me wrong, barely anything has changed (major anyway) it's just they're 3 characters that shouldn't be there that are there. And since all 3 are influential characters things are bound to be different.

But don't go getting your panties in a twist, i'm not gonna do some freak change and reveal Madara to really be Rieka in disguise and have the war end with Hashirama proposing to Sasuke as Kaguya jumps out of a cake... while that would be admittedly amazing — not the tone i'm going for. Anyway, enjoy!)

::

(a/n: I do random facts now, I started doing them in Haven and they're the easiest way to relay information to the readers (that's you guys) without mealiness exposition- so... enjoy I guess? I dunno)

Random Fact #1- Rieka's birthday is January 5th, making her eight and a half months older than Kakashi

::

"There is more than I thought..." Sachihiro muttered, leaning slightly over to Rieka as he looked down at the force before them. "How many is there anyway?"

Rieka's face was stoic, "Originally, eighty thousand — now, a lot less." She told him, looking down at the army.

The allied shinobi forces had decreased in size drastically, which wasn't unseen as some divisions had been wiped out completely — with others merely suffered minor losses.

"Hm..." Sachihiro hummed, watching the kyuubi jinchuuriki converse with his comrades. "So what now? We can't just sit here."

"No... we can't." Rieka looked up to Obito and Madara, making a calculated decision before standing up. "The ten-tails needs time to recharge, we cannot allow it to remain unguarded like this."

"So...?"

"So we fight," She looked down to him, "For as long as we can."

"And then?"

"And then..." Rieka's gaze seemed distant, watching Naruto and the alliance in an almost wistful nature. 

"... that's it. The plan will begin... and this world will burn."

::

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto lit up, grin splitting on his cheeks. "You're here!"

The pinkette looked down to her friend with a soft smile. "Yeah, Naruto... we're here." 

It hurt her to see how relieved he was.

... had he really given up that much hope?

"Naruto!"

"N—Neji?!" The blonde jinchuuriki gulped, sporting a nervous smile. "W—What a surprise! How are you?"

The Hyuuga glared down at his friends, arms crossed against his chest, but at Naruto's jittery nature, Neji's face softened.

"You arse," He sighed, flicking the blonde's forehead gently. "Don't do that again."

Naruto grinned.

"N—Naruto-kun!" He looked up, spotting the blue-haired Hyuuga heiress. "You're okay!"

She seemed to breath out in relief, before catching herself smiling at him and brightening, quickly looking away. Neji sighed, smiling smugly as he placed an arm over her shoulder.

"Oh dear sweet Hina-hime," He teased. "You alright there?"

This only caused her cheeks to flare a deeper red, all the while a confused Naruto watched on, earning a sigh from Sakura at his thickness.