Chapter 57 ~ A Fallen Prince

"I never thought I see'd you again.." Remarked the brunette with a subtle sneer.

The man shrugged, his long regal robes trailed behind him like waves across the marble flooring. With his golden orbs glistening and a wide pearl white grin, he laughed.

"Life is full of surprises!"

Rieka narrowed her eyes, her voice appearing in a unimpressed hum. "Clearly.."

"All though," She began. "I'm pretty sure I killed you. When was it, about three months ago?"

The man laughed, "Yes, well...clearly you didn't do a great job."

Rieka raised her hand, her fingers sprawling forwards as chakra began surging through her veins, travelling down to her fingertips.

"Well..i'll just have to change that, won't I?"

The man's amused grin and light hearted eyes quickly turned dark at her next words.

"Your Highness~!"

He quickly composed himself, "So you found out? Who sent you..Kumo?"

It was Rieka's turn to chuckle, "Close, but no."

With long strides the brunette positioned herself far too close for the man's liking. 

"Under the direct orders of the Samurai Head himself...I am to destroy the Rebel Army stirring in the Land of Iron.." She purred, a smirk twisted onto her pale cheeks. "So you'll imagine my surprise.. when the former Prince of the long since fallen Land of Borus..is leading said Rebel Army."

The man took a step back, his long golden locks swishing behind him as he struggled to place distance between himself and the psycho before him. 

"Isn't that right, Prince Roushi?"

Roushi snarled, "What now? Will you gift my head to Kumogakure? Or to the Black Market for profit?"

Rieka smirked, "As tempting as it is.. my orders are to dispose of you, what happens next is up to the Samurai."

Roushi's golden eyes came to light with a spark, in a flash he had drawn his blade, a beautiful scarlet tip with an infamous red swirl engraved into the handle.

"I heard the Jakuyen Clan was allied with Uzugakure..that is the blade of Triniun, no? I believe that belongs to the Head of the Uzumaki Clan, correct me if i'm wrong but I see no such heir."

The last of the Jakuyen Clan flared, "My birth rights precedes me..the blade is mine and mine alone!"

Rieka shook her head in annoyance, "Spoilt brat.."

Roushi's temper flared, he charged at the women with a fierce battle cry. He swung his blade round, his feet shifting as he propelled his body forward, almost as if he were dancing.

'The Royal Borus Style Swordsmanship? Interesting..'

The style was said to be unbeatable, a perfect combination of offence and defence, almost impossible to penetrate. But the Land of Borus had been gone for nearly a hundred years, alongside Uzugakure it perished in the First Shinobi War. Which meant there had been no one to teach the young Prince, it was evident in his sloppy Swordsmanship.

Rieka decided to solely rely on Taijutsu, with a swift yet forceful kick she had stopped the blade mid swing. Nothing could prepare the Prince for her next attack, with wide eyes Roushi was sent flying across the room, smashing through the old marble columns with a painful cry.

Rieka returned to the ground with an elegant landing, frowning at how short the battle was, after all he was supposed to be a Prince and the Leader of a Rebel Alliance, she had wished for something slightly more entertaining.