Chapter 40 ~ Celebrations

(A/N: I'm adding another time skip guys, and will be speeding things up - hopefully)

::

Three years, today - October 10th -, marked the third anniversary since Minato and Kushina's death, as well as the Kyuubi attack - it also meant Naruto was officially three years old.

He is three already..

The thought cursed a headache upon the green eyed woman, Rieka let out a tired sigh, she felt as if she hadn't slept in years. When she began to realise Naruto was much like his mother in personality, she also soon realised he was far more extreme, Kushina had some form of filter but the Minato-look-alike did not.

Rieka loved the child to death, and she did all that she could to insure his happiness, but he drove her up to wall, sometimes literally. The scorning guilt and grief never left her when she gazed at the boy, in fact it only grew worse, but she learnt to ignore it, soldiering on.

With each passing day, he began to look more and more like Minato, he also was somehow becoming a blonde version Obito. The likeliness in the their personalities was frightening, leading to Rieka calling him Obito by accident more than once, earning a few dry sobs here and there.

Naruto greatly admired Obito, having heard many stories about him - all good of course. Every lazy Sunday afternoon, whether it was sunny or bucketing down rain, the pair visited both his and Rin's graves - as well as Kushina and Minato's, but Rieka never told the boy whose graves they were visiting, finding the words her lost before she could speak them.

Rieka had been through much more than a normal almost-seventeen-year-old woman should go through, both her and Kakashi had, but due to the shinning light in her life that was her godson, she managed to stay sane, yet she couldn't say the same for her silver headed friend.

Despite the two making up three years earlier - ending with Kakashi promising to be more involved in the child's life - she hadn't seen him at all, he just appeared on her door step one night, saying how he had a long term mission to attend to and left, it had been two years since than.

"Mummy! Wake up!!" Naruto's hyperactive voice bellowed throughout the halls as he came crashing into her room, signalling that her few moments of peaceful silence were over.

Rieka couldn't help but frown as she heard the word 'mummy', they had been over it many times, she wasn't his mother, she didn't deserve the title. No matter how much Rieka cared and loved the boy, she was nothing more than a stand in, she didn't want to be anything more - she was not Naruto's mother.

"Naruto.." Rieka muttered, eyes trailing over to the blonde boy as he attempted to heap himself up onto her bed.

She leant over, grabbing him by his minuscule waist and lifting him up, gently placing him down beside her. He quickly snuggled up next to her, sucking away all her warmth with his cold outstretched fingers, causing her to frown as she noticed the lack of clothing.

Rieka wrapped her blankets around him, placing a hand on his head, their gazes met. "Naruto.. What have I told you about calling me that..."

The little boy pouted, an adorable sight for the brunette who struggled not to squeeze her godson. 

"Not to.." He mumbled, disappointment lacing his voice.

Guilt swelled up in her chest, she was really struggling not to fall prey to his adorable face. Rieka knew how much he wanted to call her that, and she felt beyond happy when he did, but she wasn't his mother, they both knew that too well.

Rieka ruffled his messy blonde locks, "Cheer up! How about we start the day off with ramen? And than we can go visit Sasuke-Kun? Does that sound good?"