Let Life Begin

“See you later, D,” Raven smiled at him, jumping out of the car.

I frowned. That probably wasn’t good for him.

Dante seemed to be thinking the same thing. “Fucking hell, Raven. Be careful.”

Raven frowned back at us. “Whatever. I just got out of a coma; it’s a miracle I’m able to move as much as I can. I’m going to use my fucking super abilities to the fullest extent! I am Spaceboy and you, Eiffel, shall never catch me, for I must find my brother!!!” He yelled dramatically, just as Gerard, Zac, and Frankie got out of a car behind him.

I could see Frankie giggling and Gerard grin.

Zac looked like he was trying to hold in laughter as well.

“You let him read the Umbrella Academy.” I said.

Dante shrugged. “Well, yeah. He expressed an interest in the comics. I just figured, hey what the hell? The kid wants to read something, let him read it.”

I smiled at him again and rolled my eyes. “And if he takes an interest in porn, Dante Phoenix?”

He blushed. “He can’t…I wouldn’t ever let him…I promise…Go to your meeting!” He stuttered.

I smirked and got out of the car.

“See you later, D!”

I watched as he, Frank, and Gerard waved at each other, and then he drove off.

“So you’ve read the Umbrella Academy?” Gerard asked Raven as we all walked inside.

“The whole series. Dante lent them to me.”

“Dude! We missed you while you were sleeping!” Frank told him.

“Yeah, I know, you all told me that earlier.” Raven said, but he ducked his head down to hide a smile.

We reached the meeting room, where Zac turned and ushered Gerard and Frank to a separate waiting room.

Raven would be staying with us for the duration of the meeting because of his condition.

In other words, the corporation felt bad that my little brother had just woken up from a coma, so they were gonna let him do whatever the fuck he wanted.

We sat around a huge ass table and I watched silently as dudes in suits pulled papers and iPad 3s out of their briefcases.

The producer we had been working with, who was really chill, just leaned back and looked at a couple of the documents they were handing him.

Finally, they stopped talking amongst themselves about statistics with large words we all ignored because we were currently too lazy to give a damn.

“Ms. Moore, Mr. Way, we understand that you two are the main points of this band?” One particularly obnoxious looking guy said, straightening his tie as he did so.

“No. We’re all the main points of this band. There is no Lead Singer Syndrome going on, and I’m pretty sure Zac doesn’t think he’s that sexy.” I said lazily.

“Okay, well, who makes the decisions?” He asked.

“All of us.” Zac said.

“Really?”

“Yeah, really.” Rose told the guy.

“We all pitch in our ideas and opinions. We don’t leave one person out, or make it all about our lead singer or anything.” Damon pitched in.

“Totally. We’re a band in pretty much every sense of the word. We’re kinda like family at this point.” Matt added.

I looked at him. “Kind of? Bro, we are family.”

Zac’s eyes lit up and he opened his mouth, “We are famil-”

“No. Just…no.” I laughed, cutting off his singing.

“Awww.” He pouted.

“You’ve been spending too much time around Frank.” I giggled.

“You just like to ruin all the fun!” He said, hiding a grin.

“I’m sorry. We’ll go out for ice cream after recording.” I said sarcastically.

“I’m holding you to it.”

I was about to respond, when an executive cut me off.

“Okay, we get it. You’re family, you make decisions together, all that lovely jazz.”

“Finally.” Rose muttered, and I fought the urge to giggle again.

I knew we shouldn’t be getting mouthy with them this early in our career, but they’ll just have to put up with it for now.

“So, we were thinking that you’ll release an EP first, to make it a bit easier on you as well as us, and the fans. Show them your sound, what you aim to sound like, things like that. It’s a good marketing pretense, and I think it’ll do perfectly for now in your case. As soon as you reach a certain point of EP sales and record demands start coming in, we’ll set you up with a more comfortable studio, since the one you’re working with now isn’t so…yeah. Anyways, we’ll go from there to recording your first album, which you will have full control over naming, unless it’s too profane, and the tracks that will go on it will have to be passed through a few inspections; such as making sure the track goes well with the rest of the album. I know it’s your first album, but I get the feeling that you want it to be made as professional as possible, while still having a good time with it. Am I right?” A guy with poorly combed black hair, in a blue suit asked.

“What do you guys think?” I asked DTY.

“I think it sounds good.” Rose agreed quickly.

“Yeah, he sounds like they’ve got the marketing planned out and everything.” Zac said.

I looked at Matt and Damon, waiting for their opinion.

“I’m cool with it,” Matt said.

“Totally. When can we start?” Damon asked.

I couldn’t help but smile.

Things were so wonderful right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mneh. :( Next chapter summarizes the next three years, the chapter after that jumps into the month after three years has passed, and then only a few more chapters after that. That's when Drama decides to step in and be mean. Any guesses?