Just Don't Give Up

I was patient for the next couple of weeks, calling Rain, talking about Raven with her. That’s all I really wanted; to talk to her, to get closer to seeing my family again.

I began to notice certain changes in myself. I was tiring of my long hair and I wanted it shorter again.

Besides, there are so many people who “love” me for my hair and I’m sick of it. All they like about BVB is looks. Fuck them. They need to listen to the music and stop caring about only looks!

A few days before it was time to go home, I cut my hair in front of my hotel mirror. I really liked the way it looked; I just hoped Rain would too.

When it came time to board the plane home, I was so ready to be back in LA it wasn’t even funny.

On the plane, a few hours before we were going to land, I called Rain.

“Hey babe!” I said.

“Hey, Andy!” She sounded happier than I’ve heard her in weeks.

“Are you still coming to pick me up?” I asked slyly.

“Yep. I can’t wait to see you, baby. I’ve missed you more than you will ever know.”

“…You really gotta get Dante to turn off the Disney channel.” I said laughing.

“I know.” I could tell she was smiling.

“We’ll be landing in a few hours; want to stay the night at mine? It’ll be easier than driving so far back to yours.” I suggested.

“Yeah! The last time I was at your place…well, that didn’t exactly-”

“Don’t worry about it. Anyway, I can’t wait to see you again.”

“You seriously have no idea, Andy. I need you here at the moment…Raven’s supposed to be waking up any day now.”

“That’s great! I missed you both! And…is Dante back yet?”

“He’ll be home tomorrow. Recording for Corrupt Me took a little longer than they thought, but he wants to be here when Raven wakes up.”

“Yeah, they are pretty close, huh?”

“Yes. Dante knew Raven was gay before I did!”

“Raven’s gay?” I didn’t know that…

“Oh…yeah. He came out to me a day before they gave him the HIV treatment.”

I wasn’t sure what to say. I mean, I have nothing against the LGBT community, I’m friends with a lot of gay and lesbian people, so it didn’t bother me.

“Andy?”

“Yeah?”

“You don’t…it doesn’t bother you, right?”

“What? No! Of course not! I have quite a few LGBT friends.”

“That’s good. I’d hate to have to leave you because you’re a homophobe.”

“Nahh, I’ve got nothing against LGBT.”

“Ah, you made me love you even more.”

“I thought you said it wasn’t possible, baby.” I joked.

“I guess I learn something new everyday.”

“So…I cut my hair.”

“Oh, really? What’s it look like?”

“You’ll have to wait and see,” I grinned.

She fell silent again.

“Hey, Andy?” She said after a while.

“Yeah?”

“What if he doesn’t wake up?”

“Don’t think like that. I’ll be landing in an hour. See you there?”

“Yes.”

“Alright. I have to go. Love you.” I said shortly, but meaning everything.

“Love you, too.”

I hung up and sat down at my seat again.

CC was next to me, sleeping.

I prodded his shoulder to wake him up.

He jolted awake. “Huh? Wassgoinon? Did we crash?!”

“No. I wanted to say I’m sorry.”

“Oh.” He was silent for a minute, looking thoughtful. “Yeah, me too. I was an ass, and I didn’t mean to be. I’m just worried about Rain; you go through a lot of girls, but then again, a lot of girls go through you, too.”

“I know…”

“But, hey, you’re still my brother; still family. And brothers fight.”

“True. Thanks CC, it helps, a lot. Really.” I smiled.

“Yeah…can we just put this tour behind us? All the fighting and arguing and hate?”

“Not hate. I could never hate you, CC. Just…a strong, temporary, dislike.”

CC smiled.

“Yes, can we put the strong, temporary, dislike behind us?”

“I think we should, yeah.”

He nodded appreciatively.

“I missed talking to you, man.” He grinned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story builds up to so much...It's crazy. I started this story thinking, 'I'll post a couple chapters, maybe finish it around ten-fifteen chapters.' And here we are, over 70 chapters later. :D That's awesome! Comments make my day because you all are lovely <3