You're Not Alone

“Um…Rain, go get your first aid kit.”

“What, why?” She asked.

“Come on, just do it! I think he’s hurt.”

Dante looked a little freaked out and worried.

She stood up quickly, running to the bathroom, and I helped the kid lift the shirt over his head.

I saw this really deep, bleeding, infected looking wound.

But that wasn’t the only thing I saw. I saw some scars from the beatings from their mother, and now that his arms were separated from his chest, I could see scars lining them. Those weren’t from their mother, I was pretty sure.

His eyes met mine, and in an instant, he knew what I had seen.

“Please don’t tell Rain.” Was the first thing he said.

“I think she knows. She’s been through it, too, kid. Just…please try to stop. I know it’s hard, but we’ll help you through it. We’ll be your new family if you want. Rain, me, Dante, Sammi, Jinxx, CC, Jake, Ash…everyone.” I said.

“Really?” I saw a spark of life in his eyes that hadn’t been there before. Something that looked remotely like happiness or hope.

“Really.” I promised.

“Yeah, we’re here for you. All of us have gone through some pretty dark times.” Dante said.

Rain came out of the bathroom with the first aid and began doctoring Raven up.

I stood next to him, with my hand on his shoulder in reassurance.

He toughed it out, with his brave face on, not saying a word, which was something amazing.

“Okay Raven,” Rain said after she’d finished cleaning him up and washing her hands, as well as mine, and we all sat back down at the table. “How the fuck did that happen?”

“I was going to tell you, but it hurt really badly.” He said.

“Then tell us now, since hopefully it doesn’t hurt as bad.” I said,

“Okay. So last night James and I went to the park and we were looking at the sky…he was talking about how his parents died, but then this man came up and we started running…but James tripped and the man caught him and killed him…then he caught me, but I fought harder to get away, and just before I got out of his grip, he stabbed me. I didn’t really notice until I got back to a safe place, though. And then today I came to your show, watched you and your band perform…and the rest you already know.”

This kid had a pretty intense night.

We sat in silence for a few minutes, until Raven broke it.

 “So…why’d you come back so soon?” He asked Dante.

“Yeah, why were you home early?” I asked.

“Mhm, I thought you were supposed to meet up with Nicci.” Rain jumped in.

“Well…I got in the car, and I was on my way there, but she called me and told me not to bother. She said she’d thought about it, and she doesn’t want me back.”

“Why would she shoot you down? You’re the Dante Phoenix from Picture Me Broken.” Raven said incredulously.

Dante smiled. “Haha, yes! This kid gets it!” He held his hand out for a high five, which Raven gladly obliged, smiling just as much as Dante.

We talked for a while, Raven and Dante had lightened the mood by ten fold, making things seem happier for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxchelseaxx1992

AngieStan

daydreamer1234

XxXmusicsavedmeXxX

xXRebelSaviourXx

Thank you to these people, who comment often, and a couple of them made it so I woke up to a ton of comments, likes, fa

vorites, etc. Thank you all! And thank you to the silent readers and subscribers as well! You're awesome. :) P.S. There'll be another update tonight.