You Me At Two

Rain came into my room the next morning around 11.

She crawled onto my bed and was sitting on her knees next to me. “Wake up, sleepy head…time to get your rock star day goin’…”

I failed at holding back my smile. “Five more minutes.”

“I’ll tickle you…” I could practically hear her smile and it made me smile more.

“You don’t know my ticklish spots…”

“Oh, but I’ve been talking to Matt.”

“Alright, I’ll get up, but I want pancakes for breakfast.” I demanded.

“Shower, get dressed in a fresh pair of clothes, and by the time you do that, there will be tons of pancakes here. But, the guys went out for breakfast because they didn’t know when you would wake up.”

“Well that’s okay, because we haven’t had any Andy-Rain time in a few days.”

“Mm, that’s true. Okay, go get showered and dressed, I’ll order your pancakes.”

I smiled and stood up. “I don’t know what to wear today, though.”

She fell back onto the bed and smiled up at the ceiling. “Would you like me to lie something out for you before I go to get the pancakes?”

“Oh, you don’t have to…but if you don’t, I’m probably going to end up looking like a five-year old who picked their own clothes. And not the genius, nerdy five year old who knows how to dress themselves.” I grinned.

I watched her roll her eyes. God she’s so beautiful.

“Fine. Go get showered now!”

I stuck my tongue out at her and walked into my bathroom, closing the door behind me. Her voice was stuck in my head. Her smile was stuck in my head. She was stuck in my head.

Rain’s POV

I watched Andy go into the bathroom.

He’s so sweet and funny.

I think…I think I have a crush on him. But crushes aren’t usually this hard to control. Maybe it’s just the close proximity?

I snapped back into reality and decided I’d better order Andy’s pancakes and find an outfit for him.

I walked over to the hotel phone by Andy’s bed and ordered, like, 25 pancakes, and then opened his suitcase and pulled out a Batman tee and black skinny jeans. Andy would have to get his own damn underwear out of the suitcase because…just…no.

I grabbed his room key and went down to the main floor of the hotel to pick up the order of pancakes.

I saw a couple holding hands on the way back up the stairs.

Reaching Andy’s room, I opened it using his key and walked in to see Andy sitting cross-legged on his bed, texting.

“Pancakes!” I said.

“Aw, fuck yes!” He grinned. His smile made my heart beat just a little bit faster.

I took them over to him and sat down on a chair across from him.

“Do you want any?” He asked.

“I’m good.”

“I’ll save you some.”

I reached my hand over and messed up his wet hair.

“Thanks; you’re sweet.”

All I wanted to do was lean over and kiss him. I’m sure his kisses would be sweet; he has syrup around his mouth.

I was so lost in thought, I didn’t notice that I had, in fact, leaned closer to him.

I looked at him and saw him raise his eyebrow and smirk.

“Whatcha doin’?”

“Re-thinking my pancake decision,” I lied.

“I figured you would. If you decide that you want some, there are a few left, and I’m willing to share.”

“I don’t know…I’m not feeling the best, lately.”

His expression changed to one of concern. “Are you okay?”

“I’ll be fine. Just an upset stomach, I think.”

“Do you want me to call you a doctor? Will you be able to make it to tonight’s show? Do you need to lie down?”

“No, yes, no.” I said, answering all three of his questions. “Relax, Andy. I’ll be fine. An upset stomach isn’t anything to get worried over.”

I just have a simple crush on him. That’s all it is, right? Right?!

“Okay, I won’t worry then.”

“Okay, good.” I smiled. “Anyway, you know I love hanging out with you and all, but it’s almost 1 p.m. and I have a few things to do.”

“Alright, well…can we do something later today then?” He asked.

“Yeah, we can totally do something today. It’s up to you what we do, but it’ll have to be at two, and we can only be out till four, because of tonight’s show.” I told him.

“’Kay. See you at two, then.”

I looked at him and his smile for a moment then turned around and walked from into my room through the door that connects them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The usual, dolls.