We Can't

Rain’s POV

He leaned in and his lips were against mine. His lips were so plush and soft and I swear I’d never felt anything like it before. His passion in the kiss was intense, as was mine. It was so wrong, but it felt like the most right thing in the world.

I put my arms around his neck and wished for this to never end.

Because right now was perfect.

But I began thinking about him and Juliet…I pulled back from the kiss.

“Andy, we can’t do this.”

“Rain, do you know how long I’ve wanted to do that?”

“It doesn’t matter. You have Juliet, and I’ve told you many times that I do not want to be the reason that you leave her.”

“You’re not. She cheated on me.”

“And you just cheated on her.”

He fell silent.

“I think I should go, Andy. Juliet will be back tomorrow night, and I don’t want to be here when she gets back because you two have things to figure out right now.”

I stood up, feeling a little awkward now. I wondered if he knew how much this was breaking my heart. I wondered if he felt the same way.

I went to the guest room and picked up my phone. As I was looking through my contacts, I heard footsteps. I looked up to see Andy standing in the doorway.

“Where are you going?”

I spotted Ashley’s name in my contacts. “Ashley’s. Then I’ll go to a hotel tomorrow, or check into one tonight.”

“Please, Rain…don’t go.”

“I have to, Andy.” I said as I clicked the call button on my phone.

He turned around and went into his living room.

Ashley picked up on the second ring. “Hey, Rain, what’s up?”

“Hey, Ash,” My voice cracked when I said Ash, and he took notice.

“Rain, what’s the matter?”

“Nothing, Ashley. Can I ask a favor?”

“Of course.”

“I was wondering if you could come and pick me up and take me to a local hotel or something.”

“Totally. You still at Andy’s?”

“Yes.”

“I’ll be there in a few.”

“Thanks, Ash. I owe you.”

“No problem, babe.”

I rolled my eyes, half because he had called me babe, and half because of the tears that I wanted to hide.

We hung up and I sat there for a while, until I heard Ashley come in the front door.

“I’ll be out in a minute,” I said to him.

I gathered all my bags and my equipment was still with the guys’ in storage.

I walked out and Ashley picked up my bags. “See you soon, bro,” He said to Andy, and walked out the door.

I looked at Andy for a second. “Bye.” I said. I didn’t think I could say anything else. I was so close to breaking down.

Andy grabbed my arm as I turned to leave. I turned back around.

He pressed his lips against mine and I kissed him back. I know how stupid it was to do it, but I did. And it just made turning around and walking away that much harder.

 “I’m sorry, Andy.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll put up another chapter tonight if you want me to. But you'll have to tell me so :3