Chapter 25: Awkward Times

Katherine couldn't helo but laugh at what clothes Raine had whipped up for her- they would be going home in a few hours, and Raine had insisted to pick out her clothes for their stop at a mall on the way. 

It was a gray shirt that had the boys on the front, "I LOVE ONE DIRECTION" written on the back. Raine matched it with an old pair of shorts, a floppy straw hat, some dark shades, a Hunger Games bracelet and blue flip-flops. 

"YOU WANT ME TO WEAR THIS TO THE MALL?" Katherine hollered to Raine who was over at the next room. 

"Yeah!" Raine's muffled reply came. 

Curiousity getting better of caution, Katherine moved out of her room and in to the next room. 

Raine and Zayn.

Were- were--

"AH! MY EYES!" Katherine shrieked, her hands flying to her eyes. Raine and Zayn were in the middle of the room, and to put it in a British term: snogging. 

The brunette peeked through her fingertips to see Raine and Zayn jump apart. "Kathy," Raine hissed. "What're you doing here?"

Katherine lowered her hands and saw that Zayn was blushing as red as Raine's hair. In fact, both of them were blushing so hard that Katherine was afraid their faces would never gain a different color.

"Were you guys just kissing?" Katherine asked calmly.

If possibly, Zayn blushed harder. "Maybe." He mumbled.

"GUYS!" Katherine screamed, running out of the room. "RAINE AND ZAYN WERE KISSING! ZAYN AND RAINE WERE KISSING!"

"KATHERINE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

"No!" Katherine said, shrieking with laughter as she jumped behind the first person she bumped in to. "Human shield!"

Next thing she knew, she had been swept off her feet and stuck in a broom closet.

"Fancy seeing you here, love."

 Katherine looked up at the smiling face of Niall, feeling a bit queasy and guilty. 

"Are you okay?" Niall asked worriedly, a frown replacing his jolly smile. 

"Um, yeah." Katherine mumbled. "I feel fine."  

Another flashback came in to her mind- Harry's voice saying "Welcome To Tomlinson Mansion, sweetie" and then his face smiling broadly down at her as she pointed at something. 

"Kat!" Katherine found herself in Niall's arms, who looked down at her with worry. "You almost fainted. Y-you fine?" 

"I had a flashback." Katherine whispered, standing herself up by clinging on to Niall's shoulders. "I remembered something." 

"What?" Niall murmured softly, stroking Katherine's hair in a comforting way. 

"Harry saying something... and... and me showing him something. It's foggy." 

Niall looked slightly jealous at this. 

"And the other day, when I was with Harry... I remembered something while playing 3 Questions with him. Blue eyes..." 

Katherine looked up in to Niall's eyes, feeling a sudden realization dawning on him. 

"... Just like your's." Katherine whispered. 

Niall smiled weakly down at her. 

"And was it a good memory?" He murmured to her. 

"Yes," Katherine confessed, causing Niall to smile wider. 

He seemed to be leaning in... And their faces were inches from each other when-

"OI! NO SNOGGING!" 

Katherine jumped away from Niall, blushing furiously. 

Louis stood at the closet door, smiling widely. 

"Lou, I love you but-" (Niall said something that made Katherine say: "NIALL!"). 

Louis smirked. "GUESS WHO ALMOST SNOGGED!" Louis started screaming as he ran away. "NIALL AND KATHY! NIALL AND KATHY!" 

Katherine rolled her eyes. 

"Let's go." She said to Niall, getting out of the closet. 

"Hey," Niall said quickly, grabbing Katherine's wrist. "Can we not forget what happened in there?" 

Katherine looked thoughtful. The corner of her mouth twitched upward. "Maybe." 

Niall smiled widely and swooped in, giving Katherine a small kiss on the cheek. 

She blushed lightly as the two walked back in to the living room where everyone else was. 

"Aw, look, you're holding hands!" Zayn cooed.

"Shut up, Malik." Katherine said coolly, pulling away her hand from Niall. 

"De ja vu," Niall muttered. Katherine was obviously thinking the same- she flinched, her hand flying to her head. 

"Are you okay?" Liam asked suddenly. 

"Doncaster Concert. I- I- remembered something." Katherine said silently. 

"She's been having memory flashbacks." Harry commented. "The last time she was with me."

"And a few minutes ago, with me." Niall said firmly, shooting Harry a sideways glance as he wrapped his arm around Katherine's waist, pulling her closer. 

Silence. 

"Aaaawwwwkkkkkwwaaarrrrddd." Louis whispered. 

"Er, yeah." Katherine pulled away from Niall, staring back-and-forth between Niall and Harry.

The blonde and the brunette boy glared at each other, not moving. Everybody else just watched on. 

"I'm gonna, erm, leave now." Katherine said, motioning at her room and walking backwards.

"Bye?" 

Nobody said anything. 

Katherine disappeared in to her room.

And the first thing she did was toss her pillow across the room, whispering in frustration: "Why musgt my life be so complicated?"