Chapter 17: Who Are You?

Katherine was moved to another room the next day, and every body took turns watching over her.

At first, Niall and Liam had a fight on who should watch Katherine. Niall won, and he didn't sleep or eat for three days straight.

Zayn argued that Niall needed rest, so every body decided to take shifts. 

Danielle, Eleanor and Raine felt compelled to take most of the shifts, but after the boys' protests that they still needed rest, the three girls took the least shifts. 

The slightest twitch from Katherine was considered a miracle. The boys comforted the girls that it wasn't their fault, that they couldn't do anything, that Katherine would be okay. 

It happened during one of Eleanor's shifts.

She was humming Katherine's favorite song when Katherine's hand twitched. 

Then, her leg gave a jerk.

"GUYS!" Eleanor hollered, jumping up and knocking down her stool. "I THINK SHE'S WAKING UP!" 

Within less than 30 seconds, every body was crowded around Katherine's bed side. 

Then things went wrong. 

Katherine started gasping for air. Then she looked as though she stopped breathing. She didn't move. The machine next to her beeped in an urgent tone. 

"CALL A DOCTOR!" Liam shouted. 

Raine, Harry, Louis and Zayn ran out of the room and coming back dragging a doctor along with them in 10 seconds. 

The doctor looked young, with ginger hair and a frantic look in his blue eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked. 

"She woke up, she was in coma-" Danielle stammered. "And- and- she couldn't breathe-"

The ginger-haired doctor ran over to the oxygen tank and cursed. He shook it, then rain over to the machine that was still beeping. 

He pressed buttons, turned knobs and jammed dials. Then, Katherine took a deep breathe. Her eyes fluttered, and the machine's beeping went back to normal. 

"She's okay." He said, checking the check-list on top of the machine. 

"Excuse me," He muttered, shuffling to one side and reading the piece of paper in his hand.

"Kat!"

"Kit-Kat!"

"Ohmigosh, she's alive!"

"Katherine," Niall whispered, squeezing the brunette's hand. "We thought we lost you."

Katherine looked at Niall and cocked her head to one side.

Then, she said the three most painful words Niall had ever heard in his whole life:

"Who are you?"

Author's Note: Ohmygosh! Do you know what'll happen to her now? -insert gasp- 

Read on~!