Chapter 10: Titanic

The boys (plus Katherine, Danielle and Eleanor) came back to Louis' house, tired and exhausted. 

"Gee," Danielle sighed as she plopped down on to a couch. "It's great, knowing that your boyfriend is popular and all, but seriously-" She said, letting out a yawn. "It's a bit tiring, waiting for them during signings." 

"You don't think we're tired?" Harry said, sitting down next to Katherine. "My hand is broken. I can't write my own name anymore, I swear."

"Really?" Katherine said, poking Harry. "Well, that means you won't be able to pick up a strawberry, doesn't it? A chocolate covered, sugar coated--" 

"No!" Harry gasped, sitting up. "My hand's fine. Perfect, actually." 

Everybody laughed, then Katherine walked in to the Kitchen. "Movie?" Liam said, pulling out the TV remote. 

"I chose!" Katherine called from the Kitchen. "Why?" Louis whined. 

"Because," Katherine said coolly as she came back with snacks; a bowl of chocolate-covered, sugar-coated strawberries, three bags of chips, a large bowl of buttery popcorn, a small plate of carrots (especially made for Louis), a plate of tacos, a mini-pizza and two large Cokes (a can of Diet Coke for Liam) with eight glasses.

"I got snacks. You can't have any unless I chose the movie."

"Kat," Niall said longingly, practically drooling over the food. "You can chose the movie."

"Definately."

"Of course."

"You chose, Katherine."

"No de-Niall!"

Everybody laughed at Zayn's 'de-Niall' agreement.

"In that case," Katherine said, rummaging through the DVD case. "I want to watch Titanic."

"We have a Titanic CD?" Niall asked through a mouthful of popcorn.

"Yes," Katherine said, holding up the DVD she was looking for- Titanic. "You do have it." 

"This'll be so romantic!" Eleanor said, snuggling closer to Louis. "Mh-mm..." Louis said as he chomped on a carrot. 

"Haven't watched it yet," Danielle said, poking Liam. "But they said it's sweet!" 

"Aw, great. Zayn and I'll just snuggle each other, okay?" Harry said. Zayn shook his head.

"I'll just snuggle with this pillow." Zayn hugged the red pillow next to him. 

Katherine plopped down next to Niall, putting as much distance as she could with Harry. 

"Hey, love," Niall whispered, putting an arm around her. He smelled like vanilla, and his eyes seemed to melt Katherine. 

She gave a small nod and pressed the play button. 

The movie was fun to watch, even though it was a classic. At the part where the boat was starting to sink (so far, about four hours in to the movie or something), My Heart Will Go On started to play.

Katherine felt her eyes water. Even though it was dark (Zayn had shut the lights a few hours ago), Katherine could see Danielle sobbing silently and could hear Eleanor sniffling.  

"Kat?" Niall whispered.

"Hm?" Katherine replied, sniffling a bit.

"Are you... crying?" Niall asked silently.

Katherine nodded.

Niall pulled her in to his chest and she let a small sob come out. Niall started to rub her back in small circles, muttering reasurring words. He didn't have to, though. The mere fact that he was holding her as Celine Dion's soulful voice filled the room made Katherine feel safe.

"Never let go..." Jack (from the movie) said.

Danielle started to cry a bit harder, and so did Eleanor. Katherine sniffled as she still laid her head on Niall's chest. 

More of My Heart Will Go On played. More tears rolled down Katherine's face. 

She moved her head to Niall's shoulder. 

"Go to sleep," Niall muttered. "I'm going to sleep." 

"Me too." Katherine whispered, closing her eyes.

"I..." Niall said something, but Katherine didn't hear. She had already fell asleep. 

~Once more, you open the door, and you're here in my heart and... my heart will go on... and on...~

Niall looked down at Katherine and saw that she was asleep- her eyes were closed, and her breathing was in a rythmic pattern. She looked so fragile, so peacful.

He did a quick scan around the room. Harry was snoring in one corner, Zayn was snuggled up with his pillow, Danille was asleep in Liam's chest, Eleanor was asleep on Louis' lap, and Louis was slumped back on to the couch, holding Eleanor's hand. 

Only Liam and Niall was awake.

Liam looked over at Niall, and the two had a private exchange: Go to sleep. Leave them all alone. Let it be. 

Besides, Liam looked quite happy that Danielle was still in his chest. And Niall had to admit, he didn't mind the fact that Katherine was asleep on his shoulder. 

Niall's eyes fluttered, and he felt drowsiness coming over. 

His head fell on Katherine's, and before he could fall asleep, he heard one last line from the movie they had watched.

A line of the song that made Katherine cry, one line that Niall swore that he'd never forget: 

"We'll stay, forever this way... And my heart will go on.

Then, he fell asleep.