Chapter 9: Concert Craze

"ONE DIRECTION!"

"AH! I LOVE YOU!"

"LOOK HERE, LOOK HERE!"

Niall couldn't help but feel a bit relieved as they slid in to the backstage of the the building. He loved their fans, but sometimes, they could be too overwhelming.

"Hey," Katherine whispered. "You okay?" She added, slipping her hand in to his and giving his hand a small squeeze. 

Niall could say she looked gorgeous, with her chocolate brown hair put up in a ponytail and her chestnut eyes sparkling. She was wearing a a blue shirt with a pink jacket on top, and some denim pants. Harry had even plopped a Yankees cap on her head, and it only made her look more natural. Prettier, Niall thought.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Niall mumbled, squeezing Katherine's hand in reply. She offered him a small smile and the two of them walked over to where the others were.

"Aw, you guys are holding hands!" Zayn cooed. "Shut up, Malik." Katherine said coolly, sounding completely unconcerned, but she slipped her hand out of Niall's. Niall felt his heart drop a bit, but he didn't let it show. 

"So, what are the songs we play tonight?" Harry asked.

"The normals," Liam sighed. "WMYB. One Thing. Those stuff."

"Call me if you actually have something remotely interesting to talk about," Katherine said, faking a yawn. "I find Percy Jackson much more interesting."

"I THOUGHT YOU LOVED US!" Louis called after Katherine's back as she wandered off to a couch.

"I DO!" Katherine replied, opening up Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian. "But I love this book more than concert rituals, so call me later!" 

Louis shook his head. Just then, their manager Robbie (Rob, for short) popped up. He was a man in his thirties, with glasses and dirty blonde hair. 

"So," He said, looking at the boys expectantly. "Is there anything you want to tell me?" 

"Yes." Niall said instantly. "I ate the last chocolate chip cookie."

"WHAT?" Louis yelped. "That was supposed to be my cookie! It was mine's, Niall! MINE'S!" 

"No!" Rob burst. "When were you gonna tell me that Niall and Katherine were dating?"

Liam, Louis and Harry started smirking while Zayn merely shrugged. Niall scowled. "You tell him," Niall said pointedly, jerking his chin at Rob's direction. 

The boys explained to Rob about their joke. Rob looked at them one by one, and just as Niall thought he was going to chew them off, Rob smiled widely. "Brilliant," He grinned. "Bloody brilliant, boys. Wonderful thinking."

"What?" Niall said, stunned, as Harry, Louis, Liam and Zayn exchanged high-fives. "Why is it brilliant? They played a joke on us! How is that wonderful?"

"Because," Rob said, taking a deep breathe. "Don't you know how much more publicity that would get you boys? Niall Horan, dating his best friend Liam Payne's sister, Katherine. It'll win more people over. It's bloody brilliant."

Niall shook his head in disbelief. "So, what does this mean? I have to pretend I really am in love with Katherine? That I really am dating her and stuff?" 

"Presicely," Rob replied. 

"Aw, this is great!" Harry said, pumping his fist and jumping around. 

"Are we allowed to take pictures?" Zayn asked, whipping out his phone and grinning wickedly. "Yep," Rob said, nodding.

"Wait," Louis said, holding up a hand. "Does this mean they should be snogging all around the place?"