Chapter 26 THE END

Justice

"How could you say something like that to him Justice?"

I blinked and tried squinting my eyes, just to see around me but I was surrounded by complete darkness. I took a deep breath, knowing where I was at but how could I be here again? I thought Clarissa was back down here with the rest of us. I sighed. "Clarissa, how'd you get here again? I thought you were gonna be down here with August and I."

Brightness shined through the area, but just enough so I could see around me and Clarissa, who was standing in front of me. She was dressed in all white from head to toe and her skin was glowing like never before. "I'm done helping you Justice. I helped you get August back, just like you wanted, so my job is done down there. I was sent to come back up here and guard you once again."

"B-But what about what happened the other night with August and I? I lost him again. I need you to come back down here to help me again!" I yelled trying to stand up but somehow I was pulled right back down to my previous position.

Clarissa sighed. "I'm sorry Justice. I can't come back down there again. You ruined everything." "How!? Everything was going fine until my Mom came back in the picture and gt me that damn job!" I yelled.

"Your Mom didn't do anything wrong, you did! You really do belong in hell like everybody's been saying. I don't know why I keep trying to give you the benefit of the doubt when you really shouldn't have been given this second chance. You don't deserve to be in happiness. You deserve to rot in hell for the rest of your life or even suffer. All of this going on is because of you. You deserve everything coming your way."

I opened up my mouth to scream at her, curse at her, do something to make her hurt just as much as she's hurting me but I landed back down in my bed, surrounded by my tears and pillows. I had been laying in this same position for days, just waiting on August to come back home but he hasn't.

He hasn't even called or texted me to tell me that he was alright. I couldn't do anything now. I was too worried about August getting hurt to ever think about doing anything else, like answering any phone calls that weren't coming from him. 

I groaned when I heard the knocking continuing to come from the front door. I sighed and decided on getting out of the bed. Maybe August would be at the door but why would he be knocking when he had a key? I pushed the thoughts to the back of my head and pulled open the front door. Surprisingly it was August standing in front of me, looking like he had been beat up.

"What took so long for you to answer the door?" He asked pushing his way into the house. He looked back out on the empty streets before closing the front door. "We gotta get out of here Justice!" He said running up the steps, three at a time. I quickly followed behind him and when I caught up to him he was already in our bedroom, pulling out our draws so he could empty our clothing into suitcases that he was pulling out of the closets.

"How could you just come back like this when you disappeared on me a few days ago?" I asked. I walked up to him and pulled him away from the suitcases he was packing. "Because I was getting into some shit, Jus. I told you the guys from the trap was coming back and I just so happened to see them the night I left out at the club and they jumped me." I sighed and cupped his cut up and bruised face into my hands. "Why did they jump you?" I asked, caressing his face.

"Because they said I never came back to bail them out of jail when Dominic's shit got raided. They said I only came to get you out 'cause I just wanted some pussy but I wanted to get him. Shit. You know money was tight. How could I bail all of them out and still have enough money left over for us when we all had no type of income? Shit, was just tough then. You know that, right?" He asked.