Chapter 25

Justice

I decided on going against August's wishes and getting ready for the club like he thought I had been doing all of the time and got ready for bed. I had showered and tied my hair up for the night and has just changed into my pajamas. I didn't want to go to the club from the beginning and now I don't have to. I was too tired from working today to do much of anything else and I knew August was just as tired as me.

I don't know why he insisted on being such a rock all of the time, never showing his emotions when I'm quick to break down in front of him, go to throwing stuff and destroying things, then to revert back to my usual self all in minutes.

August has seen it all go down but never once have I seen him break down, or come to me when he needed me, like now. I don't understand the point of going to the club, bottling up anger that needed to be expelled. Bottling up angry is only going to make matters worse when they get spread out across the table. I'm willing to listen to his complaints, his criticism, his judgment, his problems, all of it. If only he would let me break down his thick walls.

I grabbed my ringing phone off of my night stand and pressed answer before sitting on the side of the bed. "Hello?" I answered. I don't know who it was on the other end but I could hear the sound of traffic in the background, tires screeching, horns honking and the loud noise of people trying to sell things.

"Hey Justice. It's Jay, from the modeling agency."

I smiled at the sound of how happy he seemed to be. "Oh hey. Did you take the pictures down to Paula Hellens? Did she like them? What did she say about them?" I questioned, too anxious to hear the good news, that I knew he was bringing to the table.

Jay laughed. "Slow down Justice," He said becoming serious. "She loved the pictures but she said she wants you to come downtown to the head quarters tomorrow. She's already arranged a meeting for you to meet with her so you can sign your paper work and be Vibe's new model."

I screamed at the top of my lungs, overly excited about this. I didn't want to get my hopes up about this but I should have been more excited than I was downstairs, since Jay was talking so proudly about me. I should have known I had this in the bag the minute everybody started throwing compliments my way. "Are you serious?!" I yelled laying back on my bed.

He laughed, most likely at how much of a kid I sounded like right now. I was as happy as a kid in a candy store. A fat kid around cake. Snoop Dogg smoking a blunt. I was beyond my mind excited about this. "Look, I'll let you calm down but I'll text you the details about the meeting tomorrow but get some beauty rest for tomorrow. Your team will be over your house bright and early tomorrow morning around seven so they can do your hair and makeup and find you something to wear. Understand?"

"My team? I have a team?" I asked him.

"Yes!" He sang. "Behind every great model is an even greater team but behind them is an outstanding manager. Ashley's rescheduling lunch to next weekend since she already knows about the news." 

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my excited nerves. "Alright, I'll be ready for tomorrow. Thanks for taking the pictures down to Vibe today. I really appreciate it Jay."

"No problem. Anything for a fellow friend of mine," He said.

After telling each other goodbye and ended the call, I continued laying back on the bed, not able to keep this huge smile off of my face. "Why aren't you dressed?" That deep voice of August's pulled me out of my thoughts as I sat up on the bed. He was standing in the door frame of our bedroom, still not dressed like me. "What?" I asked, my happiness starting to fade away.