Chapter 22

Justice

August wrapped his arm around my shoulder after we sat down on the couch in the club. It was only within the matter of an hour that August would be performing on stage with Lloyd and some other people from the record label he was signed to but for now, we were all just chilling in V.I.P, smoking and passing around drinks. 

Surprisingly, Clarissa came out to the club with us. Ever since we moved to Atlanta, she's insisted on having other plans whenever August was having an even but I knew it was because of the grudge she was holding against August. She was still pissed off that he was trying to talk to Bubbles, even though he was still with me and I couldn't blame her for being pissed because I was too.

From previous experiences with him I knew that August was a dog and sometimes he still shows his dog tendencies. August leaned forward and grabbed the joint being passed around. He took a long pull on it, letting the smoke fill his lungs before he passed it on to Lloyd as a girl walked up the steps. She scanned the crowd of people, her eyes landing right on August. She smiled and walked over to us. "Hey Aug," SHe cheerfully stated, standing in front of him.

August looked up above the rim of his sunglasses. "What's up shawty?" She smiled. "I can't wait to see you perform tonight, I'm a huge fan. I was just hoping I'd be able to get a chance to get a picture with you, if you don't mind." "Oh. It's no problem shawty. What's your name?" He asked posing for a picture with her. I quickly turned away from them from the bright flash. She looked down at her phone after the picture took and smiled. "Thanks. This is perfect August. Oh, my name's Angela by the way."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Angela. I hope I see you out in the front row tonight." "Trust me, you will," She replied. "Aight, I'll hold you to it." She nodded her head and walked back over to the steps. I looked over at August, keeping his eyes glued on the random fan, never taking his eyes off of her body. I hit his shoulder. "Seriously August?" I asked folding my arms. 

He turned to me as a smile formed on his face. "What?"He laughed wrapping his arm back around my shoulder. "Why you lookin' at that broad like you tryna get in her pants tonight." He sighed and pulled me closer to him. "How many times I got to tell you that I only got eyes for you? I was just lookin'. She's just a fan, that's it," He said.

I rolled my eyes. "That better be just it," I mumbled. He leaned over and quickly kissed my lips. "I mean it." I looked up at him and couldn't help but smile when I saw the pink lip stick on his lips. "You've got lip stick on your lips," I told him. He used the back of his hand and roughly wiped off the lipstick that was left on his lips. He looked over at me. "Is it all off?" I smiled and nodded my head as he wrapped his arm back around my shoulder.

I knew August was starring at that girl, just like how I knew he was lying to me about her just being looks but I didn't want to start anything with him tonight, since it was so important to him. I didn't mind him looking, I just hated the fact that he starred, not caring that I was sitting next to him. The disrespect is what always got me with August.

We sat there for a little while longer, just having a good time, until August and the rest of the people from the record label had to go downstairs to get ready to perform. "Good luck baby," I kissed August cheek just before he left. "Thanks Jus." He and the rest of the people made their way downstairs as I turned to Clarissa. "Having fun?" I asked her.

She shrugged my shoulders. "You know this really isn't my scene Justice." "C'mon it's fun Clarissa, especially if you loosened up some and drank a little, maybe even go all out and smoke something," I replied. "I can't smoke or drink. It's no good." I rolled my eyes. "Look, we can get a little taste of this Ciroc before they all perform," I said.