Chapter 2

Justice

I quietly climbed into the back of Carminia's car and waited for Effrin to take off. In order to keep his daughter's as safe as possible Dominic ordered Effrin to drive us to the club, monitor how much we drink and basically keep us on a tight leash for the night. This wasn't new but it was far different from when this happened the first time.

"You're quiet, birthday girl" Carminia turned around and smiled at me. "How's today been?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Fine. It was kind of quiet at the house aside from business but just fine." "Don't act like you wasn't live at the house. You were the loudest person there for no reason at all," Effrin butted in.

"If I was talking to you I would have acknowledged your presence but since I didn't I'm gonna need you to keep quietly driving like we're not here," I snapped. Even though I was doing this for the second time I  still couldn't get over how rude he turned out to be and how bent he was on killing August and I. Effrin could roll over and die for all I care, same goes for Carminia. 

I was on her side all the time we lived at Dominic's place together and up until I went over to the different side. She had every right in her to be mad at me but not sell me out because of stupid ass Effrin and Dominic who were judging the situation from a different prospective.

The rest of the ride to the club was completely silent after I snapped on Effrin, who at this moment I was supposed to be liking but I just couldn't. I still couldn't get the image of the old Effrin out of my head which was really blocking me from liking him, well pretending to.

Once we entered the crowded club we were directed straight to the VIP section. Like before we were the only people up here. The entire time I stood on the edge of the balcony waiting to see when August and his crew would walk through the door.

As soon as I saw him a quick wave rushed through my body, butterflies filled my stomach and overall nervousness took over my body and I couldn't seem to shake the feeling. I quickly rushed over to Effrin and crossed my legs. "Effrin I need to pee."

He looked up at me over the rim of his glasses. "And? Aren't you old enough to piss on your own?" He rudely asked. "I am but Dominic said not to take Nia and I out of your sight for the night and I didn't want to disobey Dominic. Would you?" I asked.

He smacked his lips. "When has disobeying Dominic ever stopped you from doing something before? Just go downstairs to the bathroom and if you aren't back in 10 minutes then I'll come look for you. What do I look like taking a 21 year old to the bathroom?" He mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and turned to walk downs the stairs when I saw August and his crew starting to approach the steps. I practically ran down the steps just to stall them before Effrin came looking for me. I pushed my curly hair over my shoulders and walked in the same direction as them, hoping one of them would notice me but they didn't.

I rolled my eyes and decided doing something drastic that I hope won't cause a scene. I pushed past everybody walking around August and walked directly up to him. "What's up with you?" He nonchalantly asked as some of his guys pulled me away from him.

"I had to tell you about something, well warn you about something before you went upstairs," I blurted out. I was in awe seeing him alive and walking and I couldn't think of anything else to say besides that. He ordered his guys to put me down as he walked up to me and took off his glasses. "What's up shawty?" He asked.

"Um you do know this is Dominic's side of NOLA right?" I asked him the obvious question. Since the first time this happened I always wondered why he was over on this side of town at night when he knows he shouldn't be seen over here. He and his entire crew busted out laughing. "So fucking what? I'm August Alsina, what the hell do I look like being scared of Dominic's weak ass?"