Chapter 16

Justice; 3 Weeks Later

As much as I wanted to lie around in bed all day and cry about Dominic I knew I had to go to work. As much as I hated stripping, I knew it was something that made August happy so I couldn't just stop even though I seriously wanted to. I hated having old niggas gawking over my body as I slung it around a pole, slowly shedding my clothes just so they can throw money on me.

Maybe the money was one of the things that kept me coming back. I raked in money every night, from horny niggas, and that was paying the rent over here. It bought our groceries and kept August and I stable until the next bills would come. It was working for us right now and I planned on keeping it that way. 

I sniffed and looked in my vanity as I did my makeup. I almost jumped when I saw Clarissa walk into my dressing room. I know she's real, and has been real all day, but it's going to take some time for me to get used to seeing her in the flesh and not haunting the fuck out of me because of something I can't control. She smiled and sat down on the couch.

"Where's August?" She asked as I lined my eyes. "He left, said he had business to take care of." "And you believed that?" I didn't bother turning around to confront her because I knew she was just trying to get some shit started. "Yeah," I replied. "Well that's not what Bubbles told me." I rolled my eyes at the sound of that bitches name.

Bubbles was a veteran stripper. She's been stripping here for years and the bitch thinks she owns the club and every guy who comes in here. Every time I try giving some guy some attention she pushes me away, claiming this is her club, that's her business and I'm stealing her customer away from her. Bubbles was a load of fake bullshit. She pushed her fake ass and titties around in every niggas face that walked by and she ain't even cute.

"Don't worry about Bubbles old ass," I replied sitting back and looking at my make up. "Why? I saw August out there flirting with her." I rolled my eyes and finally turned to her. "How could you see him flirting with her if you were just looking for him? Man, I always knew you was a liar," I told her. Clarissa was trying to lie on my man when her story didn't even add up. She was getting caught up in her own lies.

"I saw him flirting with her earlier, when y'all first got here. I was just wondering where he was at so I could say something to him," She replied. "Sure," I said not believing a word she was telling me. "Why would I lie to you Justice, when I did all of this just to come help you?" I didn't bother responding to her because either way I did I was going to look like the bad guy. 

I slipped on my heels and stood up. "Let me ask you something," She said just before I left the room. "What?" "If August claims he likes you so much, why does he have you out here stripping for men, when he should be the only guy seeing you naked?" She asked me. I sighed. "It's complicated, alright? Don't get involved with us."

"Isn't that what I'm here for? I came here to help you fix your problems, which mainly involve him but you're still stuck on your old ways. Nothing can change if you don't fix the problems sitting right in your face Justice!" She yelled to me as I walked out of my dressing room.

I walked around the club, ignoring the stares I got and the pleas for me to come over to guys, and just made my way up to the V.I.P where Deon said I'd be for the tonight but I ran into Bubbles on my way up there. She smirked and ran her eyes up and down my body. 

I folded my arms and shifted my weight to the right side of my body, doing the exact same thing to her. I'm not gonna lie Bubbles did have a nice little body on her, even though most of it was fake, but she had a bad attitude and her face wasn't even all that. The bitch was frontin' when her shit really stank. She kept that ugly grin on her face. "I like the outfit."