Chapter 12

Justice

"You get one phone call, so make it quick," The officer said leading me to the phone that was near the cell I was being held in. 

I grabbed the phone and dialed the number of the only person I knew that would be able to help me. I held the phone up against my ear and leaned up against the dirty pay phone hoping they'd pick up. "C'mon. Pick up," I mumbled tapping my fingers against the phone.

I was just about to give up and hang up the phone when I heard his phone. "Hello? Who is this?" I felt reassurance as soon as I heard the sound of his voice echo through my ear. I sighed and leaned up against the wall. "I need your help," I replied.

"What the hell are you doing in jail? I thought you were going over--oh shit," He dragged out and then I heard a female's voice laughing. "August stop," She giggled. I rolled my eyes and decided not to even start anything with August right now. If I got him upset then he wouldn't come down here and pay the $1,500 to bail me out of jail.

"I need you to come bail me out of here," I replied. "Why are you in jail Justice?" I sighed and looked around the station, making sure none of the officers were listening in on my conversation. "Because the police busted Dominic's house. They took all of our shit and arrested me, Dominic and Darlene. They're letting me out on bail but since Dominic had a warrant out against him they're going to keep him here until his court hearing."

"Which is?" August asked. I shrugged my shoulders, as if he could see me through the phone. "Um I don't know right now. Are you gonna bail me out or what?" "What about Darlene? What happened to her?" He asked changing the subject. "I don't know about Darlene. They haven't said anything about her, I still think she's getting booked."

"Aight I'll be down there soon." "Thank you so much August I really appreciate it," I replied slightly smiling, happy that I was finally getting out of here. I had only been here for a few hours and I was already starting to break down. I couldn't stay here any longer than I already had. "Mhmm," He mumbled hanging up the phone. 

As soon as I hung up the phone a random officer led me back to my cell and locked me inside with the rest of the crazies from off of the streets of New Orleans. I don't know why they had to raid Dominic's place when they needed to be getting the rest of these crackheads and murder's off of the streets.

~~

"JUSTICE VEGA!" I heard a police officer yell as he walked down the hallway where all of the cells were. I immediately jumped up and pushed through the rest of the people in the cell and ran over to the metal bars that separated me from getting out of here. "I'm here! I'm Justice Vega!" I yelled to the officer who was further down the hallway.

He turned around and walked over to my cell and let me out as he led me to the front of the station, where I saw August waiting. After signing some papers they finally let me go after they warned me about the trouble I could get in if they caught me involved in something like that again. I honestly payed them no mind as I walked out of the station following behind August.

As soon as we got into his truck he looked over at me pissed off as he took off out of the parking lot. "You know yo ass is paying me back right?" He asked stopping at a light. "With what? I don't have shit anymore August! Those bitches took all of our shit, including all of the money Dominic had saved up to get out of the game. I can't pay you back."

"Man whatever, you gon' have to do something to get my money back. Look Imma stop off at the warehouse and talk to some of the guys about getting you to work with them," He replied. "How are you gonna do that when Effrin burned the warehouse down and all of the guys are booked in jail alongside Dominic?" I asked him.

"Damn it!" He yelled banging on the steering wheel. "You've got to be kidding me shawty. The niggas can't be locked up in the pen. And why the hell would Effrin burn down the warehouse? It wasn't him, he's too loyal to Dominic to do some shit like that." "I saw him burn down the warehouse! He's the reason I've got this cut down my arm! He's probably the reason Dominic got arrested because he was jealous you were taking over the business and he wasn't. This is all an affect of the petty bullshit you two have been keeping up for the past few months August."

He shook his head as he continued his focus on the road. "Look don't worry about me shawty, you need to worry about getting my money back. You know I don't play about my money and now that all of my guys and products are gon' I'm gon' have to find something to do to regain my profits." He turned to me and looked my body up and down.

He took a sharp turn on the Davidson Freeway and rushed to where ever he was planning on going. "I'm going to meet up with my boy Deon about some business inquires that involve you," He said quickly switching lanes in traffic. "Why do they involve me? I don't even know who some nigga named Deon is." "Well he's an old friend of mine. Dominic runs the drug game in New Orleans but Deon's the big pimp, that runs the entire sex game here. His girls rake in tons of money, the kind we need," He said glancing over at me.

~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share

10+ Comments

A Prostitute? I didn't know the A Team by Ed Sheeran was about prostitution.