Chapter 67 - Lost Eyes

A/N: Who else enjoyed watching Harry Styles on The Late Late Show with James this week?!

What was your fav part/performance?
Mine was the can't stop singing skit (hello, Dr. Styles 😏) and Kiwi (hello, Rock God Styles 🤘🏻)
And Carpool Harryoke was perfect!

***Harry's POV

With my knuckles white from how tightly I'm gripping the steering wheel, I turn down our street to look for Bea. The pummeling rain is making it near impossible to see, even with the windshield wipers on High and it's only adding to my frustration.

"Where's, where's, where's my dolly, Dadda?"

"Uhm, I don't know, Love. I think we left her at home."

"I want Dolly," she pouts and I know the tears are on their way.

"Let's sing the ABC song, yeah?" I glance at her through the rearview mirror and start singing obnoxiously loud to distract her.

Thankfully my falsetto notes and goofy faces win her over and she sings along. With Ferris occupied for the moment, I turn my attention back to looking for my wife.

I still can't believe she left me, but I have to remember she's not herself right now. I have no idea what made her snap and ruin her piano, except for the fact that we said our final goodbyes to Seb today.

Even so, I'm not taking my grief out on her like she is with me.

I thought we agreed we would get through this together, but it's bloody hard when you keep pushing me away, Bea. Oh, that's good. I should tell her that.

The brake lights from the car ahead flash and I step on the brake, bringing the van to an abrupt stop. I huff out an irritated breath, raking my hand through my wet hair and I look out the passenger window.

Oh shit.

The pitiful sight of my wife hobbling in the rain rips my broken heart out of my chest and I pull over to the side to park the van.

"I'll be right back, okay, Ferris?" I look back at her as I unbuckle my seatbelt and she nods.

"Okay, Dadda."

I get out of the van and walk up behind Bea, repeatedly calling out her name but she doesn't stop or acknowledge me. I jog the few steps to catch up with her and I call out her name again.

"Will you please stop?" I grab her arm to turn her around and she glares at me. "Now tell me what the hell is going on with you."

"Let go of me! Let go! I'm going to see my son and you can't stop me."

"It's twenty miles away, Bea. You can't walk that, especially in this rain."

"Yes, I can!"

"Alright, I know you can, but let's just go home for right now, okay?"

Much to my surprise, she agrees.

I wrap my arm around her shivering body and we walk the few steps over to the van. I help her inside and as I buckle her seatbelt, I keep an eye on her because she's starting to worry me.

She hasn't said anything to Ferris who is repeatedly calling for her and she's shivering, which tells me I need to get her home fast.

"You'll be okay, Love," I calmly say, brushing her matted, newly cut hair away from her face and she closes her eyes.

I don't want to push her, so I leave her be for right now, knowing that we'll have all evening to talk. I step aside so I can shut her door and I hurry around to the driver's side. I get in and shut the door, putting on a smile for my daughter.