Chapter 26 - Ridiculous Excuse

A/N: Two updates in one day?!
Gee, I must really love ya'll!

P.S. I DO!!!!! 😘❤️❤️😘

***Bea's POV

"Night night, little man," I whisper with a kiss to Sebastian's cheek before gently placing him in the bassinet. "Mommy loves you."

Holding back my tears, I cover up my sleeping little boy and soothe his milk belly. As I look at his handsome little face, all I can see is his father and my heart breaks even more.

What in the world happened?

We were having such a lovely time on our date. He was so cute acting all jealous and being sweet and sexy...and then his phone rang. Our baby; my baby needed me. I heard his cries through the receiver and my body and heart responded.

So, according to my husband, I'm a crazy person because I wanted to be with my baby.

Harry better thank his lucky stars that I was holding Sebastian because I would've put my black belt to good use.

Tucking Sebastian in one more time, I let out a breath and decide to get ready for bed. Today has been emotionally and physically draining and knowing Harry is pleasing himself downstairs only adds salt to the wound.

I wipe away my tears and walk into our bathroom to start my nightly routine. I wash my face, brush my teeth and use the toilet, all the while thinking about our fight.

He's mad because I stopped his orgasm. I'm mad because he didn't care that my baby needed me. God, I'm such a monster.

I roll my eyes and change into my nightgown and undergarment, moving slowly and cautiously. Not only am I still in pain from giving birth, but it's also because I've sat down several times without my pillow tonight.

Sighing an embarrassing breath, I apply some ointment to the area and instantly feel relief. I replace the cap and put the tube back in my drawer and stare at myself in the mirror with disgust.

Yeah, Bea, while you're taking care of your gross bum, your husband is taking care of his-

"No, don't think about it," I tell myself, turning on the faucet to wash my hands. An image pops in my head and goosebumps form all over my skin but I shake my head. "Don't think about it, Bea."

After I dry my hands, I pull my hair back into a loose pony and wipe away my tears. I turn out the light and walk back into our room, hoping he'll be in here so we can make up.

But he's not.

I slowly climb into bed and pull the covers up to my shoulders. Turning on my left side, I open my eyes to Harry's pillow and my tears brim over my bottom eyelids. I purse my lips together to stifle my cries because I don't want to wake Sebastian and I pull his pillow close.

All I can breathe is his scent and I bury my face in the soft cotton because I can't control my sobs. My heart hurts so much and I know I won't be able to sleep knowing that we're so angry at each other.

I throw the covers off and sit up in bed, drying my tears on my sleeve. Slipping on my house shoes, I grab the two baby monitors and make my way downstairs with my heart pounding the entire time.

What if I walk in on him? What if he's still mad at me? What if- wait. Where is he?

"Harry?" I whisper, scanning the empty living room. "Harry, where are you?"

Oh my God. He really left me this time. No, he couldn't have.

"Harry?" I call out, letting my tears fall as I walk down the hall and the light turns on. I squint my eyes and look up, feeling relief wash over me and I rush up to him. "Harry!"