Chapter 45 - Paint A Picture

***Bea's POV

"What if I'm like this forever, Harry?" I nervously ask again, wanting to know why he didn't answer me the first time. "What if I'm this huge burden on you for the rest of our li-"

"Then I will still love you," Harry says, looking up into my eyes and I smile in relief.

With all that I'm unsure of in my life right now, I know my husband loves me. If he didn't, he wouldn't be knelt in front of me while I'm on the toilet. This is embarrassing and the fact that I peed my pants on the way to our bathroom makes it even worse, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

Harry must love me for a reason that for the life of me I can't figure out right now.

"Did you hear what I said, Love?" he asks, gently squeezing my hand.

"Yeah, I just can't really believe it, is all," I admit as he hands me some toilet paper.

"Believe it, Baby," he says with a side smile, leaning up and he pecks my lips. "I'll turn around to give you privacy."

"Thanks," I smile shyly at him as he stands up and turns around. After cleaning myself, I flush the toilet and he turns to face me. "No, I can stand up by myself."

"I know you can, but let me help you, please," he insists and I agree.

My head hurts too much to argue.

And it's really hard to concentrate with him in just his pajama bottoms. His muscular chest, stomach and arms are a distraction.

A good distraction, but still a distraction.

He has so many tattoos. What the heck do they even mean?

Harry helps me stand and while I hold onto him with my left hand, he pulls up my stupid panties that make me feel like I'm wearing a diaper and I hate it.

I'm not a baby. Oh! That reminds me.

"I need to check on the kids."

"Uhm, if I'm not mistaken, our wonderful kids are with your lovely parents for the day," Harry says, smiling as he fixes my nightgown and I realize it.

"You've already told me that, haven't you?"

"Yeah," he sighs and kisses the tip of my nose, "but I don't mind reminding you, Love. C'mon, let's wash our hands."

As we walk over to the sink, I huff out a frustrated breath and Harry tells me that it will be okay. I'm in so much pain right now that I agree with him just so I can get back in bed.

"Want to know something funny, Bea?" Harry chuckles and I curiously look over at him. "I forgot to take my meds this morning. See, Love? You're not the only one who forgets."

I watch as he takes an orange pill and cups his hand under the running faucet. He brings his hand to his mouth and slurps the water before turning off the faucet.

"That's for your heart, right?" I ask and he looks at me as he dries his chin.

"Yes," he says, dropping the towel on the counter and he takes my hands in his. "Do you remember what I have?"

"Something that I can't pronounce," I roll my eyes into a smile.

"Yeah," he smiles softly. "I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy," he says and I close my eyes at the memory of him telling me the first time. "Don't worry, Love," he gently pulls me into a hug, "it's not as bad as it sounds."

"Okay," I mumble onto his chest, positioning my ear over his heart. I close my eyes and listen to its weird rhythm, holding onto him even tighter. "Are you going to die?"