Chapter 41 - DEFCON Two

***Harry's POV

"I gotta pee so bad," Bea says, pulling back the hospital sheet.

"Let me help you, Love," I offer with my hands held out for hers.

"No," she pouts, swatting them away. "I can do it myself."

"Beatrice," Lauren chides from across the room, "let Harry help you. You're still a little loopy from the pain relievers and I don't want you to fall again."

"No, Mom. He'll see my-" Bea pauses, glancing at me then her mum before bringing her hand to her mouth, "vajayjay."

My eyes widen in shock and I look at my mother-in-law completely mortified.

"Oh, sweetie, he's seen it plenty of times," she says, returning her gaze to her phone and I look at Bea.

I swear, if I didn't love you.

"You have?" Bea whispers, looking up at me with wide eyes and I nod.

"Yes," I awkwardly clear my throat. "I promise I won't look, Bea, just let me help you."

"Oh, alright," she dramatically sighs.

After I put Bea's sandals on her feet, I take her hands in mine and carefully help her sit on the edge of the bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask, placing my hands on her shoulders to hold her steady.

"Lemme stay here for a sec," she exhales a long breath, closing her eyes and she reaches for her neck. "Can I take this off now?"

"Not yet, Love," I say, gently taking her hand to kiss it. "The doctor said to leave it on until we get home, remember?"

"Oh, oh yeah," she sighs, opening her eyes to mine. "Okay, I'm ready."

"On three," I say, placing my hands under her arms. "One, two, three."

With some struggle, I help Bea stand up, holding most of her weight as she leans into me with our arms wrapped around each other. We stay like this for a few seconds until she becomes familiar with standing after being in the bed for almost three hours.

"Are you ready to start walking, Love?" I quietly ask, gently rubbing her back in small circles.

"Mhm, yeah, let's get this over with," she says and I press a kiss to her hair.

"Okay, I've got you," I remind my wife as I move to stand beside her.

I wrap my arm behind her back and we start taking small steps towards the loo. I hear Lauren giggle quietly behind us, but I don't think anything of it. Making sure my wife doesn't fall again is my priority.

Maybe she saw something funny on her newsfeed. I do post some funny shit.

"I'm cold, Harry," Bea says as I open the door to the loo and it dawns on me why Lauren was giggling.

I look behind Bea and grin.

"You've just mooned your mum."

"What?" Bea gasps and immediately giggles. "Sorry, Mom."

Lauren's laughter fades as I close the door behind us just enough to give us privacy and I help Bea walk over to the toilet. After getting her settled on the raised toilet seat, I stay there. She's still too wobbly from the pain killers and I'd hate for her to lose her balance and fall again.

The last few drops echo into the fairly large space that has an open shower area and the image of Bea falling flashes in my brain. As I tear off some toilet paper, I internally scold myself once again for not checking on her at home.