Chapter 56 - Best Idea Ever

A/N: Guess what...I love and appreciate all of my readers, voters and commenters!
That is all. 💗💓💕💞

Okay, who else is in the mood for a little smut?? 🌚🍆

***Bea's POV

"You, my dear wife, had a brill idea," Harry says, covering his mouth as he chews.

"Mhm," I nod, swallowing the last bite of my Fettuccini Alfredo that's to die for. "I get those every once in a while."

"Get what?" he asks, reaching for his water bottle from the cup holder.

"Brilliant ideas," I explain and he rolls his eyes in realization before taking a drink. "It's okay, Babe. We're both exhausted emotionally."

"I agree. Would a mind-clearing and leisurely walk around our lake help?" he asks, glancing at his watch. "It's almost eleven-thirty now. I figure if we're home by twelve-thirty to rescue Mum and Robin, that will be good. What do you say?"

"Let's go."

A few minutes later, we make our way to the pathway that leads to the walking trail and Harry throws our trash in the bin. He holds out his hand for mine which I gladly accept and we begin our walk.

It seems as though we weren't the only ones who wanted to take advantage of this stunningly beautiful day. An elderly couple is sitting on the bench that overlooks the lake and a woman in her early twenties is jogging while pushing a stroller.

There's a warm breeze blowing through the lush greenery and trees surrounding the lake and the sun is shining brightly.

Thank God it isn't the heat of the day cos I'd need extra deodorant.

As soon as we start walking, it's like I know the drill; I keep my mouth shut. I know my husband needs the silent reassurance of my support, just like he did in high school.

Although we received good news from his cardiologist, he still suffers from heart disease. Going through this with Harry over the past nine years has opened my eyes to the harsh reality that we don't know when our last moment together will be.

Today was no doubt the universe's reminder for me to hug, kiss and tell my husband and kids that I love them every day.

Don't you dare take them for granted, Bea.

It's after our second lap around that Harry clears his throat and I look up at him. He's watching the ground pass beneath his feet, but he's smiling.

I feel a smile spread across my face as I reach up and gently wipe off a trace of marinara from his cheek. He looks at me with a smirk and I wink at him.

"Sauce?"

"Yep, my messy husband."

"Messy, hm? Well, that calls for a shower when we get home, yeah?"

"Yes, my horny husband."

"I am n- okay, I am," he chuckles, stopping abruptly and he wraps his arms around my lower back. "It's your fault for getting me all worked up, Love."

"Really? I still do that for you?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his shoulders and he nods with that darn smirk on his face. "Good, because you get me all worked up, too."

"Hmm," he hums amusedly and I see that look in his eyes, "we have about thirty minutes left before we should go back home," he muses and I raise my eyebrows in interest. "What could we do in those thirty minutes, Beatrice?"