Chapter 38 - A Change Of Plans

***Harry's POV

It has been two hours and twenty minutes.

It's been two hours and twenty bloody minutes since I've told Bea that her parents will be taking the kids for the weekend and it has felt like an eternity.

In that time, I've put away the laundry and remade the beds, bathed and dressed Ferris and packed the kids' overnight bag.

If Bea is Superwoman, then I'm Superman. Superman who needs a bloody nap.

After such an active morning, my energy is about drained and I'm actually fantasizing about going to sleep after my in-laws pick up the kids.

While Bea is showering and getting dressed, Seb is sleeping off his lunch in the bassinet and Ferris and I are watching Barney in the living room.

Ferris giggles at what apparently is a funny scene and I look over at her. She is cuddled in the corner of the opposite end of the couch, holding onto her dolly and sucking her thumb.

Even though her yellow shirt has 'Big Rock Star' written on it, she looks so small. A smile forms on my face as I look at her leggings that have matching stars on them and I can only imagine what her sense of style will be like when she grows up.

As I watch my little girl enjoy her show, my mind wanders off and I think of how Bea and I will fair when our daughter hits her rebellious teenage years.

Ever since our lesson this morning, she's been quiet and standoffish to me.

I'm definitely not her favourite anymore. Just be patient, Harold. Remember, you're her father, not her friend. Shit, this is difficult.

Sighing a heavy breath, I decide to lighten the mood. I slide my hand on the couch towards her ever so slightly so she doesn't notice. I keep my eyes on her, wrapping my hand around her left foot that's covered with her pink sock and I tickle the bottom of her foot.

Ferris quickly moves her leg away and looks at me, cracking a smile with her thumb still in her mouth and my heart melts.

Maybe she doesn't hate me.

"Dadda got you," I tease with a smile, patting her leg and she nods.

This precious moment with my daughter makes me wish I didn't have this cold because I just want to cuddle her. I clear my throat before my damn eyes start to sweat and the doorbell rings.

And we look at each other in surprise.

"Do you want to see who it is with Dadda, Ferris?" I ask, getting up from the couch and she's on her feet before I am. "Show off."

My joke goes over her head as she trots over to the front door, holding onto her dolly. I roll my eyes into a smile as I follow her into the foyer, feeling a tickle in my throat and I quickly cover my cough before opening the door.

"Grammy! Papaw!" Ferris giggles, hopping up and down.

"Hi, sweetheart," Bruno smiles and picks up Ferris, giving her a few kisses on her cheek. "Papaw's missed you."

Ferris doesn't say anything as she holds up her new dolly, proudly showing her off.

"She's lovely, Ferris," Lauren coos, leaning in to give her a kiss. "You've gotten bigger."

"Oh no, don't say that," I teasingly warn, gesturing for them to come inside. "It will come true."

"That I am sure of, Harry because it happened with my Bumble Bea," Bruno chuckles, moving to let Lauren walk inside first. "How are you feeling since we last talked?"