Chapter 30 - It's My Fault

A/N: I'm not a medical professional but I did my best to research. Also, I'm not a mother so I don't know what really goes on in a doctor's appointment for an infant, other than Googling.

Please don't start aiming your arrows at me now. 😬 I've dropped little hints here and there so it shouldn't be that much of a shock.

Okay, love you, bye! 😘😘😘

***Bea's POV

I honestly don't care that Harry's mad at me. If he would've just let Ferris hold Sebastian, this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

And he didn't need to put her in time out for God's sake.

All she wanted to do was hold her baby brother. I would give anything to hold my little brother again so I'm not going to deny my daughter that privilege, no matter how pressed for time we might be.

Maybe he was mad that he was left with both kids. Tough. That's gonna be me when school starts up in August. So suck it up, buttercup.

The tense and rainy fifteen-minute drive ends with Harry abruptly parking in the closest spot of the medical complex, nearly making me choke on the last bite of my breakfast.

"Mm!" I look over at him, covering my mouth. "Our kids are in here, Genius."

Harry lets his exaggerated breath speak for himself as he gets out of the van and I scrunch my face at him when he swings the door shut.

If he wakes up Sebastian, there will be hell to pay.

I set my empty container in the console and finish the rest of my orange juice. I flip the visor mirror down to check for any embarrassing particles that could be stuck in my teeth and flip it back up in satisfaction.

"Where are we, we, we going, Mommy?"

"We're gonna let the nice doctor check on Baby Brother, sweet girl," I tell her as I unbuckle my seatbelt and she says a quiet 'oh.'

While Harry unlocks Sebastian's car seat and gets his diaper bag, I slowly get out and open my umbrella. I grab my stupid pillow and shut my door, wishing that it wasn't raining. As soon as I open the sliding door, I'm greeted by my happy daughter.

"Hi, Ferris," I coo and unbuckle her car seat. "Don't forget your dolly."

Ferris gasps and picks up her dolly from the seat and I help her down. I press the button to shut the sliding door, taking her hand in mine and we start walking up the pathway.

"Dadda, wait for me and, and, and Mommy!" Ferris calls out as she hops alongside me.

Harry stops underneath the awning and shakes out his umbrella before opening the door. I catch his glance in the reflection and I can't believe he's still mad at me.

He has nothing to be mad about.

Ferris and I make it to the door and I click my umbrella closed before entering the building. I know Harry won't remember the suite number, so I lead the way.

We make our way down the hall to suite 105 and Harry opens the door for me and Ferris and I walk right up to the front desk.

As I sign Sebastian in, the receptionist tells me that it will be a few minutes. I stress the importance of the matter and she tells me the same darn thing, so I force myself to accept her answer with a polite 'thank you.'

"C'mon, Ferris," I smile down at her, wiggling her hand, "let's go wait for the nice doctor."

"Okay, Mommy," she nods, repositioning her dolly in her arm.