Chapter 62 - Tiny Heartbeat

***Harry's POV

While I struggle to hold Bea's limp body in my arms, Bruno brings a dining chair over and he helps me sit her down.

"Someone get me a cold washcloth," I call out, keeping my attention on Bea as I hold her head in my hands. "Wake up, Love, c'mon."

"Here you go, Harry," my mum says, holding out the washcloth and I take it from her.

"Wake up, Love," I beg, dabbing her forehead and she breathes in deeply, opening her eyes. "That's my girl."

"Oh thank God, my baby's alright," Lauren sighs in relief and I wish she didn't use that word. "I was so worried. Do you need anything, sweetie? I-"

"Listen, I think it's best that we all give Bea some breathing room right now," I say, hoping my mother-in-law catches my hint, which thankfully she does and I turn my attention back to my wife. "How are you feeling, Love?"

Bea starts to cry and I huff a frustrated breath, wrapping my arms around her back. I know it's near impossible, but she needs to calm down or she could have another panic attack and pass out again.

Leaning back to look in Bea's eyes, I brush her disheveled hair from her face and my heart breaks that much more. She looks scared, angry and in turmoil, basically how I'm feeling inside.

"Here's a glass of water," Lauren says and I thank her as I take it.

"Here you go, Love."

"No," she frowns and I chide her name while holding the glass up to her mouth. "Alright, fine," she sighs and takes a sip, humming to let me know when she's done and I bring the glass down. "I want to go to bed."

"It's only seven, Beatrice and you need to eat something," Lauren says and I frustratingly rake my hand through my hair. "We've heated up my chicken parmesan dish."

"I don't want to eat."

"You shou-"

"Lauren, enough," Bruno cuts her off and an awkward silence fills the kitchen.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Bea whispers and I nod, reaching over to set the glass on the table.

I help her up and walk her over to the loo in the hallway with my arm wrapped protectively around her waist since she's a little wobbly.

"I don't need any help to go pee."

"That's fine, but keep the door unlocked," I say and she nods before walking into the loo.

As soon as she shuts the door, I walk back into the kitchen as if I'm on a mission. Reminding myself to be respectful, I quickly come up with what I'm going to say because it damn-well needs to be said.

"Okay, I need everyone's attention, please," I quietly say so my voice doesn't travel down the hallway. "Two things, really quick. I know everyone means well, but please don't tell Bea what she should and shouldn't do. This is still a shock for her, as well as for me, and-"

"Harry, I think I know what's best for my daughter."

"One more word, Lauren, and we're leaving," Bruno warns, earning everyone's attention and a gasp from Lauren. "Harry is Beatrice's husband and you need to respect the decisions he makes for his family," he says and he looks to me, gesturing his hand to the group, "Go on, son."

"Uhm, thank you, Bruno," I clear my throat and continue. "Secondly, since Bea had a panic attack from seeing the bottles, I think it's best that we put away Seb's things for right now. Can someone go through the house and gather them to put in his room?"