Last words (Sasuke)

"Are you sure, Sasuke? She'll be hurt."

"I know. But I'm not changing my mind...Its better this way I guess.."

I walked down the streets and entered what seemed to be a preschool. "Sakura?" I yelled. Silence. "Sakura?" I tried again. "I know you're here!" Sob. "Sakura?" Sob. "Come out, it's me, Sasuke!" Sniffle. "S-Sasuke..." A voice said from behind. It was her. The one I was looking for.

She was sobbing. Tears stains were on her cheeks and her shoulders her shaking. "What are you...—" I hugged her. "Where the hell were you all this time?" I said though gritted teeth. "Here obviously. And how did you find me?" She replied sarcastically. "...That's not important right now." I say. I let go of her and looked her in the eyes. Her emerald orbs were starting to tear up. "Sakura..."

"Sasuke...I'm sorry. I just feel so betrayed and hurt. But seeing you here right now...it makes me happy. It makes me happy to know that someone cares about me. Please...please don't go." She whispers and hugged me. Guilt was starting to rise in my chest and I lay motionless in Sakura's warm embrace. "Listen...I do care about you. But..." I say. "But?" Sakura echoed. She was staring at me quizzically.

"I'm...leaving. And I'm not coming back."

Her once angelic and calm face was now twisted in horror and betrayal. It looked just like the one she made earlier with Sai and Ino. "W-what?" She croaked out. "I'm leaving." I said even louder. "B-but...you can't..Sasuke....you can't!" Sakura replied. I turned around, my back facing her. "I'm leaving. That's final." I say as emotionless as I can. I could hear Sakura's sobs starting to rise again. As much as it pained me, I walked away from her.

"I love you!"

She yelled out. "I love you so much, Sasuke. And seeing you go like this...I can't even stand it!"

I stopped in my tracks.

"I promise I'll make you happy! And I'll even help you with your problem! Just please, please don't leave me! But if you really have to...then at least take me with you!" She begged. I tilted my head slightly and saw her on her knees. "No." Was what slipped out of my mouth. "Please...I'm begging you. Don't go....everyone already left me...now it's you?" She whispered. I felt my breath hitch. She was vulnerable. She needed comfort and support. I must be a real big jerk to have just leave her there.

I didn't reply. Instead, I kept walking away. Away from the pain. Away from the bench. Away from the one I truly loved.
"Sasuke!" She screamed out. I sighed. And turned around. "Thank you for making me feel loved, Sakura." I say. Her eyes widened then dropped as she lay unconscious on the floor.

I'm sorry...