"No. You hit me so hard it's kind of difficult to cover it up." his brows pull together due to my 'harsh' tone of voice and he pulls himself away from the table with authority.

"No one asked you to get an attitude. It was just a question."

"No one asked you to hit me, but you did it anyway." I stand with intentions to grab my hairband from my small basket and he grabs my wrist pulling me to him.

I think it's just my fault. I always provoke him instead of staying quiet like I should; I know better than to anger him but I do it anyway, and who get's hurt? Me.

His long rough fingers grabs my jaw forcing me to face him. His face twists in a psychotic way and his eyes are shooting bullet at me--a look I'm far too familiar with, "don't make me do the same with the other one." he growls with threat bending my arm behind my back so that I don't move.

I hate going through this everyday. I hate that I have to waste money on makeup to cover up the marks he leaves behind, I hate that I have to fake smiles and laughter just to cover up something I'm ashamed of. Why can't I be with someone who truly loves me? Why can't I be with someone who will never hit me no matter how upset I make them? Why do I have to be with someone who treats me like a punching bag? Why? Because I let him and don't do anything about it. No matter how many times I try to get away he comes back and finds me. No matter how many times he apologizes he always ends up doing the same thing and I'm tired; I'm tired of being afraid, I'm tired of being bruised, and I'm tired of feeling useless and empty because of the man who claims to love me.

I slap his chest weakly to try and get away and his fingers leave my jaw to wrap around my other wrist to keep me from hitting him anymore. A sudden confidence fills me and I push him away but not hard enough for him to let me go. Within seconds, his hand unwraps from around my wrist and connects with my face. The sound of the impact claps through the room like a whip being cracked as my head snaps to the right. His grip around my other arm is the only thing keeping me up while the sting suffocates my cheek.

"Get off!" I yell through my cries as he covers my mouth to silence me. Muffled screams are held back and no matter how hard I hit him he seems unaffected.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!" his anger disappears and his heavy eyes fall with sorrow--fake sorrow, "Alee, I'm so sorry, I love you!" he breaths hugging me tightly expecting me to hug him back. His arms tighten around me as he kisses me begging for my forgiveness and even though I don't forgive him, I know I won't leave him.

~~~

"Aleevonne?" my mom shakes me in attempt to wake me but my body is far to weak to respond, "Aleevonne, dinner is ready." I feel the bed slowly fall and she sits, rubbing my arm up and down and I'm confused. My eyes force themselves open as I try and rid my mind of the horrible dream I had of the memories with Liam--memories I know I could've prevented.

Her belly has gotten bigger and I haven't even noticed how beautiful she has gotten, "what time is it?" I groan with a pounding headache.

"Almost seven. Are you hungry?"

Why is she so calm and nice?

"Not really." my voice is almost gone but hers is full of happiness.

"Alan told me what happened." her fingers remove my side bangs from my forehead and she watches herself carefully. Her peach lips form a straight line and her green eyes seem to be occupied by something I can't really put my finger on.

My eyes still feel sore from all the crying and my throat has gotten worse. His letter is stained with my tears and his t-shirt is spotted with my running makeup. I held it close to me while I cried, taking in his smell which made it even worse but I couldn't let go. It's the same feeling, same shitty and empty feeling I always have when something happens between us but this time it's worse.