Chapter 134 ~ Fast Enough

Start from the beginning

"So... how was your trip over here?" He asked.

"Inspirational."

"Oh really?" He nodded along, face impassive. "Cool, cool." He continued to nod. "How so?"

"You weren't there."

Sachihiro frowned, "Now that's just rude."

Rieka cracked a small grin, reaching over to ruffle the Uzumaki's hair but Sachihiro caught her wrist.

"Ah-ah." He tutted, "One shan't defy thy elders."

Rieka ripped her wrist from Sachihiro's grasp, muttering something under her breath before the two fell back into a silence.

.

.

.

"I should have worn purple."

"Shut up about the damn colours!" Rieka snapped. 

"But it would have been so perfect!" Sachihiro whined. "The opportunity was ruined!"

Rieka groaned, glaring holes in the ground as she looked down, refusing to meet his eyes.

"Just... stop talking."

With a grin, Sachihiro did as he was told.

::

Kakashi was definitely not expecting to fight Uchiha Madara when he signed up for this war.

Sure, 'Madara' was the main big baddie. But Kakashi — along with most of the shinobi population, seriously doubted the masked man was actually Madara.

Low and behold, it wasn't Madara.

However, that didn't stop the real Madara from appearing in the battlefield with Rieka — Why was Rieka with Uchiha-fucking-Madara?! — and proceeding in an attempt at capturing Naruto and Bee.

Of course, he and Guy weren't just going to sit back and let him. Now with Obito preoccupied with the ten-tails, and Bee and Naruto on a personal mission to destroy the statue before the ten-tails was released, that left one job for Guy and Kakashi-

-fighting Madara.

'Life must really hate me' Kakashi thought to himself as he dodged Madara's fireball.

It was clear the legendary Uchiha was toying with him, not that Kakashi was complaining — God, he did not want to face a serious Madara.

Still, Kakashi sighed-

"Fire Technique: Great Dragon Flame!"

-it was going to be a long night indeed.

::

Naruto ran. He ran and ran and ran.

With Bee by his side, the two jinchuuriki charged. Dodging attacks from the de-masked Madara — who apparently wasn't Madara, just who is this guy? — as they attempted to reach the statue.

They have to reach it! They must!

But...

"Get out of my way!" Naruto growled, forming clones to create and utilise several rasengan. "Move!"

"I'm afraid-" The scarred man's eyes bore into Naruto as all his attacks seemed to faze straight through him. "-that won't be happening."

... he just could not reach it.

"NARUTO!" Bee yelled, screaming, as loud as he could. Managing a first-stage bjuu transformation in his state, staring up at his fellow jinchuuriki with red-eyes.