Part 64

I woke up to Dez shaking me and snapping at me to get dressed. I got up and my stomach flipped. I started to feel nauseated but it wasn't bad. I decided I'd just try to eat something. I put on a simple cute dress and some flats and a jacket and Dez and I loaded up. Dez cooked breakfast but the smell of bacon hit me hard as I was going down the hallway and I gaged.

I went into the kitchen and he was ready and seemed to just be waiting on me.

"Kendal are you okay? You look pale," Michael said pressed his fingers against my forehead pulling me against him.

"Y-yeah I just feel a little sick is all" I responded meekly.

Dez stared at me for a minute but then found other things to do.

"Maybe you should sta-"

"She's going." Dez stated firmly and grabbed my bag and his and went out the door.

"Do you want me to go?" he asked me, I shook my head.

"No, someone has to run things here, I'm fine" I said giving him a smile. I finally went out the truck and we were off. I dozed off being surrounded by Dez's scent. I was so sleepy. I slept the entire drive and then let Dez carry my to wherever we were staying and I slept the entire night too. I woke up in unfamiliar sheets, next to giant body, I recognized as Dez immediately. I breathed in and stretched out and rolled over and the nausea hit me so hard I sat up immediately. I swallowed hardly looking around the room, I saw an open door to a bathroom and I struggled out of bed and rushed to the bathroom and barely made it before I gagged and then puked everywhere. I felt miserable. I flushed and then dug in my bag for a tooth brush, I felt better.

I brushed my teeth and then went back into the room finding Dez very much awake staring at me sitting up.

"Again?" he asked raising an eyebrow. I shrugged and went to take a hot shower.

I got out and felt energized, I put on a cute shirt with tights and long socks and converse. I went back into the room and Dez walked in the front door around the same time, he was dressed as well.

"When's the meeting?" I asked.

"There will be two, one with demons then one after to decide what to do." He responded.

"Is my dad here?" I asked him timidly, he looked at me but finally nodded, I nodded and played with the hem of my long sleeve. Dez left for most of the day and I just slept on and off and found some food. Finally he came back and told me he was ready.

He took me down some hallways and then into a giant room with a giant table that some people were already seated at, he sat me down and stood behind my chair,  a lot of people came in, a lot of alphas were here the smell was almost overpowering. No one dared to speak to me and some would look but the second they saw Dez, their eyes darted away. Finally, the table was full and the room was buzzing with a lot of casual pack talk, Dez didn't talk to anyone, he just looked his tense usual self and made people stutter and shake when he stared at them. There were three empty seats. Everyone seemed to be looking at them anxiously.

Finally three men walked in and I recognized one of them immediately from the meeting I had been kidnapped and forced to attend. The demons all gave Dez a short nod across the room and didn't acknowledge any of the other demons.

They sat down and then Alpha Brentwood called everything to order, my stomach was still feeling sick. They talked formalities and basically business but finally it boiled down to just one question.

"Is there anyway we can end this war before any more fatalities?" The alpha asked his voice very firm and to the point. The demons shifted and them exchanged glances.