Part 23

I cried a little more until I was out of tears, I stood there for a little while feeling Atticus rub soft circles on my back. I stood there fingers stiff from clenching onto his shirt. I sighed and pulled away he didn’t say anything he just gave me a small smile. He lead me back to Dez’s house and I curled up in my own bed, my guards quietly moved around the house.

I tried to sleep but eventually gave up as always from the lack of my mate's presence. I sighed and sat up, I talked Atticus into taking me to the pack house and he finally agreed, I put on a plaid button up and some jeaned shorts, since it was in the early hours of the morning.

I put my hair up in a messy bun on the way there, we finally got there and I made my way slowly up the stairs since I was emotionally drained and physically exhausted. I really needed some sleep or a cup of coffee. Atticus knocked and I waited patiently behind him.

Michael came to the door his eyes widening when he saw me “Uh…” he trailed off before turning around I could faintly hear him saying “Collins Kendal is here” He was pushed out of the way and Dez came into the hallway, Atticus backed away and left quietly.

Dez looked exhausted and tired, but also super adorable. His eyes were droopy and worry lines were in his face, his hair was a mess I knew from him running his hands through it in frustration. The way he held himself was different he was more relaxed and off guard. I offered him a small smile.

“What?” he asked automatically getting the point looking a little irritated.

“Are you coming home tonight?” I asked seeing his face transform into a look of pure annoyance.

“You interrupted my meeting just to ask me if I was coming home or not?” he question raising an eyebrow at me.

“Yes” I answered hardly “So are you or not?”

“Why do you care? You hate me remember” he stated.

“I know but I cant sleep if you aren’t there” I said getting frustrated at his non direct answers.

He sighed loudly, and looked back down at me. He cast a glance down the hallway, before a look of concentration crossed his features. He beckoned me forward and opened the door into his office. I followed him keeping my eyes trained on his back muscles that moved.

I was then aware of a scent that made me tingle inside and also a very familiar voice saying one word.

“Angela” for the second time that day I completely stopped breathing and froze in place my feet rooting to the ground. I looked to find the source of the familiar gruff voice. My eyes widened to find my father standing there.

Not my step father. Not the horrible man who raised me. Not the man who kicked me out.

But my biological father. The one who raised me and my sister. The one who made me soup when I got sick and taught me how to make scrambled eggs.

The one whose arms I was ripped out of by my mother when I was only 4.

The one who I thought was dead.

I could faintly hear Dez muttering “Shit” and then a “Get the fucking pack doctor” and then the room was spinning, black dots invaded my vision and I was plummeting straight towards the hardwood floor at a sickening speed. I could feel tingles erupt on my skin telling me Dez had successfully caught me and I reached out and grabbed his shirt clinging to him before everything faded together into total darkness.

I could hear it again. My mother crying sitting on the floor clutching me to her chest.

I could still hear my sister’s small cries and the bruise forming on my small arm from my dad trying to not let my mother pry me out of his hands. I didn’t know what to do, or what was going on. I was just a child.