Part 51

Jay's POV

"So where are we going?" she asked me excitedly. I glanced over at her my mind going completely blank, my breath caught in my throat. She was so beautiful. The excitement shining in her bright green eyes made me feel weak. I cleared my throat and regained myself. This girl was driving me crazy.

"Well, I know you haven't eaten today, so I thought we would go out to eat, and then go to your favorite park and get ice cream, and after that we will see" I responded looking over at her, watching her eyes go up a little as she thought about what I said.

"Okay" she said shrugging her cute little shoulders giving me the cutest damn smile in the world. How could someone not love the hell out of this little thing? How could someone hurt her?

"What did you do today?" she asked me pulling her feet up in the seat getting comfortable.

"Work" I replied casually. "What did you do?" I asked her.

"Um, well I woke up, and I worked out with Eric and we went to get frozen yogurt and then-" she just went on for a little while babbling, being adorable as always. I didn't really have to listen, it wouldn't have mattered if I did or not she would just keep talking my ear off but I didn't mind. Eventually we got there, it took longer because I actually drove the speed limit when I had her in my truck, so she wasn't in any type of danger.

"Ready?" I asked, and she nodded, I got out and opened her door for her and picked her up setting her on the ground so she didn't have to jump down. I slammed the door and locked it and took her inside. She got sweet tea, because that was her favorite and I got water. She peered down at the menu her green eyes wide, taking everything in. She bit down on her lip, which was what she did when she was thinking. Finally, I could tell by her facial expressions she had made a decision, because the lines in her forehead smoothed and she looked up at me.

"What?" she asked me looking confused that I was probably staring at her.

"You're beautiful" I told her, I hated the fact that when I told her that, she looked surprised. Like no one had ever told her how gorgeous she was. It made me furious that Dezmond had this, and he obviously didn't appreciate her at all. He didn't even know what he had, how special she was. She was the kindest person I had ever met.

She was always looking out for everyone around her, despite everything he had put her through. The next time I saw him, I was going to give him a piece of my mind. He's a fucking idiot.

"Oh" she said her eyes dropping and a small shade of pink tinged her cheeks.

"What do you want?" I asked her.

"Cereal" she said sheepishly giving me a grin, I grinned back.

"I take you out on a date, and you order cereal?" I asked her, she gave me a cute small smile and shrugged her shoulders. God she was cute, I could barely breathe.

"Okay" I said nodding. The lady came to take our orders, I told her what I wanted, I could see the way the woman was looking at me. And I couldn't believe she had the nerve, when I obviously had Kendal, who was beyond gorgeous, with me. I looked at her resting my elbows on the table, she was oblivious to the woman and her intentions.

"Jay" she said timidly, I loved the way my name fell from her lips, good lord this girl is going to be the death of me. I gave her a small nod telling her I was listening, she already had my full attention. Her small hands that had the sleeves of her sweater pulled into them dropped into her lap and she leaned forward a little, her eyes had almost a scared look in them and she was biting down on her pink bottom lip.