Part 15

I cursed some more, now that I was alone I was free to beat myself up over my new discovery. I frowned wondering how this happened. It was probably that stupid mate bond tricking me into liking him.

The only thing I was unsure about, is how this is going to play out. Dez obviously finds me annoying and now probably thinks I'm weak. I sighed and decided to deal with all of this another day. I climbed under my covers and tried to take a nap.

It would've been a marvelous nap if I had actually gotten to sleep. The problem was, the scent coming off Dez's shirt wasn't enough, eventually I got irritated enough I got up to go to Dez's room to steal one of his pillows, I was just going to switch them out so he wouldn't notice, but I ended up just curling up in his bed and going to sleep since his scent was pretty much radiating off his bed in waves.

I can honestly say that it was the best sleep I have ever gotten. I got up feeling refreshed, I sat up for a minute only to lay back down and bunch the sheets up to my nose. I inhaled his intoxicating scent, and it made my chest warm and my body tingle.

I laid there for a little while until my stomach growled, I sighed and got up from my warm safe haven in Dez's bed and went to the kitchen. I opened the refrigerator, looking at the contents skeptically. I heard a knock at the door, and closed it going to the front door, I stopped for a minute before opening it, looking down making sure I was halfway decent. I was still in Dez's shirt, which fell past mid-thigh, so I was okay.

I opened the door seeing a man standing there. He was the normal male werewolf size, about 6,2 he still towered over my 5 foot figure. He was tanned and his hair was blonde and long and messy. His eyes were a piercing blue and his facial features were sharp, he gave me a small smile. He had on a simple hoodie, with jeans tucked into dirty army boots- he was wearing basically what Dez wore but without the hoodie.

"Can I help you?" I asked looking back up to his face.

"Yes you can" he answered enthusiastically. "You are?" he asked me a playful smile on his lips. I found myself smiling back at his friendliness, I felt oddly comfortable.

"Kendal" I answered.

"Kendal" he repeated his eyes going down to my neck, where they lingered for a second my mark before flicking back up to my face.

"Well Kendal, can you give this to your mate for me?" he asked me, handing me a large envelope.

"Yeah" I said nodding taking it from him.

"Have a wonderful day, Kendal" he said and turned around.

"Bye" I called after him watching him disappear into the woods. I took the envelope to the counter and set it down before going back to deciding what I wanted to eat. I settled at the table with some cereal wondering what exactly the letter was.

If someone wanted to communicate with Dez all they needed to do was mind-link him, or Michael. Which made me come to the conclusion it wasn't from someone within his pack. But who exactly would it be from? I couldn't imagine Dez having any business in the human world, and messages through packs were usually delivered through scouts not on paper.

I looked at the package sitting on the counter pausing. The package didn't look like paper at all, it looked bulky. I ate my cereal guessing more about what was in the package. I thought about opening it, but decided against it. I decided I would just go to the pack house and give it to him myself.

I hated to admit I missed the cruel bastard but I did, I was getting cold and depressed. I just wanted to see him, that's all. Plus the package might be important, I said leaving for the pack house. I got there, passing a few people who looked at me curiously, males looked at me like I was a piece of meat, I ignored the comments I received, my patience wearing thin. Dez really needed to teach some men in his pack even a shred of respect for women.