Part 21

Dez came out a door about 20 minutes later, he saw me and his eyes narrowed on his guards.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I want a new guard" I said standing up motioning to Mathias.

"Did he touch you?" he asked me looking at Mathias.

"No" I lied pulling my sleeve down unconsciously to hide the handprint I knew was more than likely there, Dez seemed to catch the movement, why does he always catch things like this? He came over and gently lifted my sleeve up a few inches examining the skin beneath.

"Did he do that to you?"

"Don't kill him, I just pissed him off" I told him "I just don't-"

"Did he do that to you?" he repeated hardly cutting me off, he looked pissed, in fact he was shaking, his fists clenched.

"No"

"Who did it?"

"They-They're from yesterday" I lied, I didn't want him to die as much as I hated him.

"Kendal, why do you lie to protect them?" he asked me quietly.

"I-I don't want you to kill them because of me" I answered looking to the floor, he sighed loudly.

"Even if they deserve it?" he questioned.

"yes" I answered, he let out a low growl, he reached out and snatched Mathias arm roughly bringing him to stand right in front of me.

"Do you see her?" he asked him "She just saved your pathetic life" he said grabbing his jaw roughly making him look at me.

"If it was up to me, I would've ripped your fucking head off" Dez said, and threw him on the ground

"Take him downstairs" he growled at the others, he waited until he was dragged through the door Dez came through earlier. Dez still seemed mad.

"Take her to the pack house" he snapped at them. I was escorted to the pack house, I was told to wait patiently in this dim hallway, I could hear voices, a lot of voices beyond the door. There had to be 1,000 people beyond this door talking quietly among themselves. Dez eventually showed up.

"Come on" he said opening the door allowing me to walk through and freeze, there had to be at least a thousand of them, and all of their attention was now focused on me. I didn't know what to do, my heart completely stopped.

Dez walked behind me giving me a light nudge taking my hand in his. I was shocked by the tingles of my hand in his, he gave me a light tug pulling me to the center, and we were up on a podium. Dez still seemed angry. Eyes followed us, I spotted Michael who gave me a small smile and Jenny who winked at me. I numbly followed Dez, I looked at him waiting like the others, because I had no idea what was going on

"What are you doing?" I asked him under my breath looking up at him, he looked down at me briefly.

"Listen" was all he said, I waited patiently, fidgeting, from the curious eyes on me. Some of them were judgmental.

"Does everyone see this woman?" he asked motioning to me, there were some nods and 'Yes Alphas' and all attention was focused on me.

"This is your Luna, meaning if you touch her, talk to her, look or even think about her you will be punished severely. I don't want anyone within 12 feet of her, and if you're an unmated male within 30. Am I understood?" he asked his voice stern and full of authority and intimidation, there was a chorus of "yes Alpha's" and then he took my hand again and lead me back through the door into the hallway.