Part 5

Why would Dez even want me? I thought he was cold, and heartless and didn't care about anyone. Just because he wanted me at his pack didn't mean he cared about me, I reminded myself.

The doctor gave me 4 aspirin before we left, I fell asleep on the way there and was shaken awake by the same guy who was babysitting me in the room earlier. I followed the alpha in a house, it seemed cold and empty, he seemed to know where he was going.

The electricity sparked up in my body the second Dez's scent hit my nose. I gritted my teeth trying to keep from running to him, I was getting irritated by how slow we were walking down the hallway. I was still cold, but I could almost already feel Dez's warmth.

He knocked on the door before opening it, I walked in behind him seeing my mate sitting behind a desk, his hand shoved in his hair, and he looked up as we walked in, my breath caught in my throat at the perfect view. He had on a normal maroon t-shirt showing off his sleeve of tattoos, he now had black earrings in his ears and he looked so sexy. My baby sitter stepped in front of me hiding me from view.

I could feel anger rising in my chest. What the hell was he doing? I wanted to see my mate, and he was getting in the way, I could feel my skin heat up as my wolf tried to come forward, I swallowed hardly pushing her away, wrapping my arms around myself.

"Michael" my mate spoke and a violent shiver ran down my voice at his amazing gruff voice.

"Take her downstairs" he said, and a man roughly shoved my baby sitter out of the way. I got a glimpse of my mate, and he looked furious, before the man held the door opened for me to walk in first. I hesitantly glanced back at Dez who was still watching me, I caught his gorgeous eyes for a second before I was urged forward, I stepped into the hallway with the man and he started down it. I scrambled after him having to pick up my pace to keep up with his large strides.

He was attractive, he had a mess of black curls all contained in a light grey snapback, his features were sharp and his eyes were a deep navy blue. He was large, smaller than Dez, but around average size for a full grown male with a high rank of our kind. He turned left into a nice kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" he asked me.

"Uh, no" I said shaking my head, he pursed his lips.

"When's the last time you ate?" I shrugged in response, the dull ache had returned in my chest from being away from Dez once again.

"What's Dez talking to them about?" I asked, he looked at me in shock.

"What did you call him?" he asked me, my hand flew to my mouth.

"Dezmond, I-I meant Dezmond" I corrected.

"It has something to do with you, that's all I know" he said shrugging. "Are you sure you aren't hungry?" he asked me.

"He seemed...angry, was he mad at me?" I asked.

"I don't know, I doubt it, if he was angry at you, you would know trust me" he told me. "Plus he looks at you weird" he added.

"What?"

"He looks at you weird, it's like... I don't know... soft, he looks at you weird" he said trying to explain with his hands.

"Are you the beta?" I asked curiously going to sit at one of the stools pushed under the island, he leaned against the counter crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yeah" he said nodding his head.

"Hey do you mind if I go to the bathroom right quick?" he asked me.

"No?" I said questionably, why was he asking my permission?

"I just, um look just scream if someone comes in here okay?" he said.

"Okay?" I replied, he left and I got up running my hand over the counters.

"Who're you" I jumped and spun around facing a man who honestly scared the shit out of me, my heart stopped.

"Uh, Kendal" I answered, I wrapped my arms around myself taking a few steps back until I hit I felt the counter dig into my back.

"And what are you doing here...Kendal" he said my name tauntingly, shivers went down my spine and not the good kind. He was looking at me like I was something to eat, his eyes raked down my body, and I debated on whether I should scream or not.

"Um I'm just-"

"Come on Derek you know not to play with Collins's toys" I heard a voice say as another man entered the kitchen, he looked twice as scary and I pressed myself harder into the counter biting my lip.

"Why not? I'm sure Collins wouldn't mind sharing this one, it's not like there isn't an endless supply of them" he said. I felt my stomach clench at the thought of Dezmond having other women. Especially an endless supply of them.

"Aw look this one actually cares about him" he taunted looking at me.

"How cute" he said stepping forward grabbing my bicep roughly sure to leave bruises, I cried out. I panicked and curled my fist slamming it into his face, he stumbled back in surprise his hand clutching his now bleeding.

"This cunt likes to play rough" he said as the other one laughed, my body was trembling as he narrowed his eyes at me, I looked towards the door the other one was blocking. I would never make it. I could normally take two grown males with no problem except that they were a part of Dez's pack, Dez trained all of his pack members vigorously and I didn't know how they fought, and I knew they could definitely do some damage to me.

I could feel my heartbeat speeding up from fear. I took a small step towards the door. I needed to get away from them, I could feel myself start to hyperventilate. I bolted for the door just as the other guy grabbed my arm catching me, he jerked me back and I struggled, finally kneeing him where the sun don't shine, and punched him twice, I couldn't breathe.

I took off down the hallway "Where are you going bitch?" the one I punched in the face demanded running after me, I could feel him right behind me, I grabbed onto the door to Dez's office.

I could feel him grab me at the last second, I saw his fist hit me before I felt it. I was shocked for a second before the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth and my skin stung, a sharp pain erupted on my cheek bone and it continued to throb. I let out a cry of pain as his fingers dug into the bruise he left on my arm earlier.

"Running to the alpha are we?" he asked me his voice deeper, Dez was in the doorway in a second.

"Dez" I cried, and felt his hand leave my arm immediately, I flung myself at Dez who stiffened when my body collided with his. I wrapped my arms around him holding him tightly, my arms weren't long enough to wrap all the way around him so I just fisted my hands in his shirt, I buried my face in his shirt trying not to cry. My body lit up with electricity and the warmth exploded in my chest rolling through my body in waves. I was still breathing heavily, he growled lowly and the growl vibrated through my chest making me shiver.

I loved the way Dez's body felt against mine. "Kendal" he said and another shiver ran down my spine from the way my name fell from his lips. He reached behind and pried my fists from his shirt.

"Let go" he told me lowly, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. He didn't want me. I let go backing up, trying not to look as hurt as I felt. My wolf let out a low whimper. My chest clenched in pain, and I bit my lip dropping my eyes to the floor. How could I be so stupid? Why did I do that?

He lifted my chin up with his finger, his eyes went from light golden brown, to dark brown with golden rings in a second when he saw my face. I saw Michael had appeared, and he was looking at me worriedly. Dez let out a loud intimidating growl and the man who hit me cowered, i even dropped my head in submission.

"Michael" he growled "Take her" he said grabbing my arm handing me off to him rather roughly.

"Uh, Come on Kendal" Michael said ushering me back in the office. I caught a glimpse of Dez who had taken the man by the shirt and was dragging him down the hallway.