Part 22

Dez didn't show up anytime the next few days, I mostly just sat there, it wasn't until my mark started to itch did I get more anxious.

I rubbed it slightly feeling it start to burn a little. I bit my lip running my fingers over it. I went to the kitchen and got a piece of ice putting it against my neck, it didn't help much but it was a little relieving. Eventually it started burning to the point where it was hurting, and sending sharp pains through my chest, I sat down on the kitchen floor with my cup of ice, chewing on my lip talking myself through breathing in and out.

"Luna are you okay?" Atticus asked kneeling in front of me but at a good distance.

"Um, fine" I lied through clenched teeth, giving him a forced smile.

"What can I do Luna?" he asked looking like he was panicking slightly but trying to stay calm.

"When does he get back?" I asked him.

"I don't-I don't know Luna, should I call the pack doctor?" he looked so helpless.

"No, I'm fine" I said standing up going back to Dez's room where I had been spending most if not all of my time, his scent helped not be so anxious and worrisome. I curled into my normal ball and breathed through the pain, I was used to this I spent the week after I met Dez doing this exact same thing.

I could feel myself getting sleepy and I gladly accepted sleep, even though I hadn't been able to sleep the past few days, I didn't fight it. Unfortunately as I was met with sleep I was also met with night terrors.

I was running like I usually was, I cast a glance behind me and I could see a wolf that resembled Gray. I pushed myself harder hearing his snarl.

I woke up like I always did, I sat straight up, my body was trembling and my heart was hammering in my chest. My clothes were soaked with sweat, I took a few deep breaths for a minute calming myself, I laid back down fighting the sheets with shaky hands. As the night terror effects wore off, the pain in my mark resumed.

I looked to my guard in the doorway, but he wasn't there, and that meant Dez was home. I got out of the bed so fast my legs tangled in the sheets and I was sent tumbling to the floor. I wrestled the sheets from my ankles and was met with Dez's large figure towering over.

I scrambled up and wrapped my arms around him holding him tightly. I could feel all his muscles tense under my body but I didn't care. My body slowly heated up and the tingles and sparks radiated through my body, the electricity between us sparked up and the electric current hummed over my skin. He gripped my arms trying to pry them off but I wouldn't let go and he just gave up.

I let out a low purr feeling the pain in my neck slowly and gradually fade with his touch, after a few minutes he probably came to the conclusion I wasn't letting go any time soon so and wrapped his arms around me hesitantly, I was squeezing him as hard as I could but he gently wrapped his arms around me, almost as if he was afraid to break me.

Now that I had him again I couldn't imagine ever letting him go. Once I was in complete bliss for a while, i just enjoyed the contact of our skin and the body heat between us.

"Are you going to let go" his annoyed voice broke through my happiness. I took in a deep breath, and let go taking a few steps back. It felt so wrong, I felt like I just murdered someone.

'Where the hell have you been?" I demanded angrily. Now that I had my strength back I was furious. I noticed a small bruise on his face, he raised an eyebrow at me.

I slapped my hands over my mouth realized I had just yelled at Dezmond Collins. The Dezmond Collins.

"I mean- I mean where have you been?" I said in a softer tone, even though I was still angry.