Part 33

Kendal's POV

I laid there for the remainder of the day even though Brewer had tried to get me to eat numerous times, I knew he was sitting on the other side of the door, attempting to persuade me to eat or come out every couple of minutes. I stayed in my dark little bubble, I had gotten on of Dez's dirty shirts and laid down on it.

"Luna you need to eat, please come ou-" he abruptly stopped and I heard a low deep voice that made me shiver. Dez was here again, like he actually cared. I reminded myself of his recent confession and how he had held me when I had my small mental breakdown. I wasn't crying anymore I was just thinking. It was hard to think when you were interrupted every few minutes but I managed.

"Kendal" I heard Dez say lowly knocking quietly. I loved the way my name sounded coming from his lips. It gave me chills. His voice was so deep and husky, I shivered again.

"If you don't open the door in the next minute I'm breaking it down" Dez stated warningly, he sounded annoyed, probably at my childish behavior but he should expect it by now I had been here over a month he knew how I was.

"Fine" I heard him say before there was a second of complete silence and then the was a loud crack, I jumped at the noise and the splintered shards of wood that were the door flew across the room and his the opposite wall that just happened to be 3 feet away from me, I let out a small scream, I sat up glaring at him.

"That wasn't a minute" I stated, he rolled his eyes and walked in, or stepped in his case since one stride brought him all the way across the room. He surprised me by sitting down right in front of me, I watched not sure what was going on.

He reached in his pocket and brought out a small purple package, I realized they were fruit snacks. He opened it and handed it to me. I glanced down at it, I didn't feel like eating.

"I'm not hungry" I stated looking back up at him.

"You're not leaving until you eat" he replied giving me an expecting look. I sighed peeking in the small package, there were only about 10, but my stomach was churning and I felt like if I ate it would result in an appointment with me puking my guts up in the toilet.

"I don't want any" I said holding the package back out for him to take it, he didn't respond or take it back he just glanced down at my small hand and then his steely gaze returned to my face making me fidget a little.

"What if I gave you a dollar for every one you ate" he suggested, I thought for a minute and then sat straighter.

"How about for every one I eat you have to answer one question?" I negotiated, he looked at me for a long moment, before finally nodding. I poured them in my hand counting. I had 8, I thought mulling over the 8 questions that I had. I chewed on my lip thinking, and then looked up at him he was sitting statue still watching me. There wasn't any type of expression displayed on his features but his stare wasn't completely emotionless. I picked up a blue one and popped it in mouth and swallowed, and then looked up at him.

"How come you don't talk to people?" I asked.

"That's your first question?" was his reply.

"I'm the one asking the questions here" I reminded him, he rolled his eyes and then looked at the ceiling thinking.

"I don't like talking" was the answer he finally decided on.

"Why not?" I prompted.

"Is that your next question?" he asked, I thought, did I want to waste a question? I thought for a little while. Before finally deciding to move on and come back to it if I had an extra left over. I ate another blue one, and then decided on my question but debated on the way to word it.