Part 35

"From?"

"Me" he said sighing.

"You're not protecting me now?" I questioned, he shook his head.

"Now you're in a lot of danger"

"Because I'm with you?" I asked softly, he nodded.

"Guess that means you'll just have to spend a lot of time with me so you know I'm safe" I said and sighed, he looked over at me shaking his head smiling. My breath caught in my throat at his smile. It was attractive, it made the world stop and my body warm up. My stomach twisted in knots and my chest tightend. He was so attractive it physically hurt.

He looked over at me a puzzled look on his face.

"Why aren't you breathing?" he asked me looking slightly worried.

"You smiled" I told him softly.

"Is everything going to be different now?" I asked him looking over at him.

"Yes." He answered.

"Are we going to mate?" I asked him, he froze and glanced over at me. I waited biting down on my lip.

"We're going to try" he told me.

"Try?"

"I don't want to hurt you, I can't lose control like that around you" he told me shaking his head.

"but..." I trailed off not having a good argument.

"How come you're talking to me now?" I asked him.

"It makes you happy"

"But you don't like doing it?"

"I'll get used to it" he said shaking his head. I smiled and looked down at my hands, pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over them since I was a little cold. He was going to talk for me, and he was going to let me touch him and we were going to try to mate. I went through hell for a month just to get here, and I never thought it would happen. He was now everything I needed him to be.

"What changed?" I asked him.

"hm?"he said looking over at me.

"Why did you decide to change?" I asked him.

"I didn't like you not being in my house, it was too quiet and cold" he told me, basically saying he missed me.

"You missed me?" I teased, he nodded looking a little embarrassed. I sighed and looked out the window at the darkness.

'What's your favorite color?" I questioned, his lips twitched.

"I don't have one"

"Everyone has a favorite color" He thought for a little while,

"Green" he finally decided on, I slid the middle part up and laid down laying my head on his thigh hoping it wasn't too much for him.

"You know, you could've told me" I said, he waited for me to elaborate.

"You could've told me you didn't like talking, and that you were afraid to touch me, I always thought you hated me" I said my voice letting softer at the words.

"I did at first" he told me.

"Why?"

He thought for a little while before deciding on his words. "You were so hard to be around, being around you drove me crazy, and being away from you drove me crazy it was so frustrating. And then when I found out that you" he paused for a second "loved me I didn't understand how, and then I hated the idea of caring for you. You were too innocent and pure and you cared about everything and I didn't want to corrupt you." He said looking down at me and then back up at the road.