Part 27

My breath caught in my throat, as I thought through every aspect of this.

From anyone else's perspective he was right. No one knew that Dez and I didn't have the typical mate relationship. So they would assume he would do anything for me. My father would also do anything for his daughter. If someone kidnapped me they could use me as leverage and control everything.

Control Dezmond Collins.

The most feared alpha in the world. Dez could take on every pack and win, giving him control over the whole race, and to the person who had me.

And not just werewolves too. Rogues, my father was the one rogue every rogue feared, and being in control of him they could rally all the rogues together and take control as them as well.

Dez was right.

I was the perfect advantage. With me anyone of our race could accomplish anything. I thought over this for a while. That's probably how it looked to an outsider. If I got kidnapped I doubted Dez would want me back. I knew my father would. My dad loved me, there was no doubt about it.

Dez tolerated me.

Sometimes.

Most of the time he ran away and kept his distance to refrain from any type of physical contact or god forbid speaking to me. I irritated him by just breathing the same air as him. I sighed aloud and looked back up to Dez who was watching me, again.

"Can I go see my dad?" I asked, Dez's loud growl vibrated through my chest and I took that as a no.

"Okay. Can I go see Jenny?" I asked, I needed to get my mind off everything that was happening.

"No"

"Why not?" I asked looking up at him.

"Every time you leave my side. Something happens to you. Absolutely not." He said his voice low and stern.

"But I'll be careful. It's just Jenny"

"That's not the problem Kendal. You attract trouble like a damn magnet, I'm not letting you out of my sight from now on" he said his raising his voice slightly, I crossed my arms over my chest letting out a long sigh of annoyance. Dez's mouth twitched like he wanted to say something, he looked really irritated.

"Fine then can we go see Jenny"

"No"

"What? Why not"

"Because I said so" he answered annoyance coating his voice. I let out a low growl in response, letting my thoughts take over once again while I pouted on the outside.

"Why can't you just make a truce with my dad?" I finally asked.

"Because your father thinks he's entitled to have you, and he isn't" Dez answered, I kind of looked at him in shock. We were having an actual conversation. Like a real one. One where both parties were talking back and forth, and its been longer than like 2 minutes. He was actually volunteering information.

"Well why can't he have its not like you want me" I stated deciding to press my luck. He let out a loud sign looking up like he was counting to ten.

"If I didn't want you, you wouldn't be here" he told me looking me straight in the eyes. My breath caught in my throat at the statement I stared at him in shock. Did he just say what I thought he said? Did he just admit that he actually wants me.

"W-what?"

"You heard me" he stated, not repeating the words that just came out of his mouth.

He wants me. He wants to be with me. He wants me here with him. That wasn't affectionate but it was progress. He openly admitted he wanted me to some degree. I felt like smiling but I kept my face neutral, I contained the butterflies having a party in my stomach and tried to get my breathing and heartbeat back on track.