Part 41

I was breathing heavily and was trying to pay attention but him being this close, I couldn't concentrate on anything but him and how much I wanted him.

"Alpha" I heard a voice say, it was a man's voice, Dez didn't reply but just listened waiting for this person to continue.

"There has been a message delivered for you by a scout" Dez nodded and the man stepped forward, Dez snarled so loudly I jumped at the sound letting out a small gasp.

"You don't come near my mate" he said and took the two steps forward that took him all the way across the kitchen to the man, once Dez had removed himself from my view I got a better look at him and how absolutely terrified he looked. I felt bad for all the people who were afraid of Dez because they thought he might hurt them. I realized everyone was afraid of Dez, he was a ticking time bomb and a killer, I had the free pass of never being afraid of him.

Dez snatched an envelope out of his hands causing him to cringe away from him wincing. I bit my lip, watching the man carefully, he was almost trembling. He stood straight and poked his chest out his eyes on Dez's feet, he waited to be dismissed quietly his eyes never leaving the ground in front of Dez. I frowned realizing I had never seen an actual person who wasn't another alpha or part of his pack interact with him. I wondered if it was always like this.

I heard a faint ring coming from upstairs, Dez turned around and looked at me giving me a look,the man looked up at me. I felt the self consciousness sink in from both their eyes on me, especially the honey brown ones that were burning holes in my face with intensity.

I cleared my throat jumping down form the counter, the shrill sound of the phone stopped for a minute before starting up again. I sighed and the man nodded at me.

"Luna" he said quietly bowing his read respectfully.

"N-no it's K-"

"Kendal" Dez said hardly a hint of warning in his tone. I looked over at him before turning back to the man, I gave him one last small smile before going out of the kitchen and up the stairs still avoiding the glass everywhere that I felt bad we were just leaving here. The phone stopped ringing the second I got in the room and I let out a groan of annoyance, I stopped cold hearing Dez growl loudly downstairs, I frowned going back to the the hallway peering down into the first floor getting on my tiptoes, I couldn't see into the kitchen but only into the doorway from up here.

"Ready." I said when I was finished, he nodded and got up I followed him downstairs and then to the truck where I was in for a nice little ride, about 5 minutes in I was drowsy and his scent was strong making me all warm and comfortable and it wasn't long before I was out like a light. I had a nightmare about the day before and woke up, my eyes teared up not from the dream but because all the emotions rose in my chest.

I felt around in the sheets finding nothing, I checked the time, it was 4 in the morning. Where exactly had he gone? I look at the bathroom door finding no light on, I slipped out of bed taking a blanket with me, the coldness and emptiness of the house swept over me giving me chills. I padded my way down the hallway and into the kitchen where I didn't find my guards.

I frowned, if Dez wasn't here my guards were supposed to be with me. About that time I heard I heard a small creak, I jumped letting out a little tiny scream my hand flying to my mouth. I turned around and saw Dez quietly slipping in, he shut the door quietly behind him and then turned around freezing in his place seeing me. I caught the scent of fire, and blood mixed with his musky scent and sweat.

"Where were you?" I asked curiously but alarm clear in my voice, he looked at me for a long moment.

"Why are you awake?" he questioned back. I felt a little tiny flash of anger flutter in my stomach for a split second. I felt a small amount fo heat rise to my cheeks.