Chapter 10

Recap of last chapter
As time passed I has looked through about ten cars and found nothing but abandoned children with bits marks and bullet shots in their heads. Poor kids they shouldn't of had to suffer that.

All of a sudden I heard a voice yelling "NO WAIT!"
The Cabin
Jenn pov
One we devoured the small meal we set off. Not knowing what direction the highway was, we just took a wild guess.

We had been wandering around for about twenty minutes and Sophia complained that she was tired.

"Well we can't just drop down here. We have find somewhere to stay the night."

"Look! There's a cabin up ahead." Replied Sophia running towards it. She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at the door which read

'They're coming'

"He-Hey we should find somewhere else Soph Okay?"

"No Jenn! I'm tired. It just means walkers, nothing we can't take care of. Grab your knife."

"I don't have it. I dropped it when I was claiming the tree half a mile back."

"Ughh" groaned the pissed Sophia. "Fine just watch my back!"

She pushed the door hoping it would open and to our surprise it did. Revealing a walker, arms stretched out, groaning hanging from the ceiling.

"Let's go! We'll find somewhere else to stay you're right." Stuttered Sophia as she slammed the door shut.

"No. You wanted to stay here so were staying. Give me your knife I'll get it. When it's dead I'll throw it out here."

She handed over her knife- one she received at the start of this all- I slowly inched towards the walker. I aimed the knife between the walker's eyes. I dug my knife in as hundreds of tiny maggots crawled out.
Gross.

I cut the rope and the it collapsed on the floor. I carefully dragged the limp body towards the door, making sure not to touch any maggots. I arrived at the door and Sophia helped me throw the walker out.

"Okay now? Come on we'll lay in here until the sun shows again. Then we start to head back."

*skip ahead ten hours*
I awoke and threw my arms up in a stretching motion. Yawning and rubbing my tired eyes that were still adjusting to the daylight.

I heard a groan. Presumably the walker I threw outside yesterday. Even though I stabbed it multiple times, walkers are unpredictable. I drew my knife from the pouch at my side and crawled towards the wooden door. I put my hand on the door knob and heard the familiar groans once again. I twisted the knob and right in from of me was a crowd of about thirty to forty walkers. Wandering around aimlessly, not noticing my presence.

My mouth was gaping and my eyes were fully dilated. How were we getting out of this? I don't know.
I slowly pulled the door back, shutting it quietly. I fell back against the door with a small thud not loud enough to attract them all.

I crept towards Sophia, she was sitting upright with tears in her eyes.

"How are we going to get out of this Jenn? Will we ever see the group again?" She cried.
I walked over to her and tried to comfort her.

"Of course we will Soph! We can do this. We got away from the four elephants I'm sure we can do this too. Now I'm going to open the door and attract their attention. Stab as many as you can, and only if you need to shoot. We can so this, we just need to stick together okay?"

"O-okay. If anything happens I love you like a sister Jenn. I'm so happy we found you."

"Nothing will happen. Come on." I was scared, but prepared. We ran towards the door as I opened it I threw the door against the wooden wall. This attracted their attention.

They all came towards the door as Sophia trembled. I stabbed completely a rotted walker up through its chin. Sophia raised her gun to a deceased small child. I pushed it down and said
"Knife first."

She sighed and brutally stabbed it. I did the same killing a total of only six walkers. They were getting even more fierce, their jaws chomping open and closed, ones heads inching towards my delicate skin. I backed away and shot.

I went on a killing rampage and shot ever single walker on point. Did I mention I stole a gun from Rick? Their lifeless bodies dropping to the ground as another groaned with hunger.

I turned towards Sophia with a proud smirk on my face. 

"JENN LOOK OUT!" She suddenly yelled.

Within a split second I felt an agonising pain in my forearm. I turned around and there was a decayed monster chomping on my arm, pulling the flesh from my bones. My vision was blurry but if my eyes aren't deceiving me I just saw Daryl, Rick and Carl...

"JENN!" Sophia cried as she almost instantaneously shot the walker down. She ran over to my aid as I stood in awe trying to comprehend what had just happened.

Why aren't I fainting? Why am I not dead? Another thing that made me wonder is why isn't my arm bleeding? It's bone dry. All there is, is a big bloodless hole.

Carl pov
I left Glenn and ran towards the voice. I looked to the right and saw Dad and Daryl running into the dark forest.

I turned and ran in that direction as I felt a hand grab my wrist.
"No Carl stay here your Dad and Daryl got this." Said Glenn.

"No I'm going! What if it's Jenn." There was a moment of silence. "It's Jenn isn't it!"

I escaped from Glenn's grip and sprinted into the forest. I caught up with Dad and Daryl.

"Who was it?"

"Sophia."

"And Jenn?" I asked.

"Yes. But she's fine."

"We can't fucking see her! How do you know how she's doing."

"Watch your language Carl Grimes. She's fine, she's a strong girl just stay calm."

"How the hell can I stay calm when my best friend could get devoured by walkers huh?"

"Carl just silence yourself." I did as he said and tried to reason with my thoughts. She's okay. Jenn is okay. She's a tough girl. She'll make it. What am I saying. She's a fragile fourteen year old girl. She can break down in tears and the walkers could break down her bones. CARL STOP IT SHE'S OKAY.

My self arguing was disrupted as Daryl stopped Dad and I warning is about four huge muscle men up ahead.

"Come on. We're following them.

"Daryl are you crazy? Look at the size of them, they'll kill us in one punch!" I warned him.

"You're kidding me? With me here they're toast." I sniggered at Daryl's confidence and followed behind him.

*time skippero*
We had been walking around looking for Jenn and Sophia for four hours. We're all getting tired but I can't give up.

"Come on Carl we're giving up."

"NO WE CAN'T JENN IS STILL OUT THERE!"

"Just for tonight. There's a tent over there we'll stay in it until daylight light. No objections you're tired. It'll be easier to look with full energy."

"But Dad, what if-"

"No buts Carl. We'll find her tomorrow I promise."

"Fine."

The three of us climbed inside of the tent, inspecting it for walkers. Once we were assured there were no walkers inside Dad and I lay down as Daryl kept watch. We will find her. I believe we will. It can't be that hard right?
A/N ohhhhh cliffhanger! Hope you enjoyed please vote and share with your friends! Love y'all bye.