fifty three;

gilinsky;

"she fuckin' needs me!" i yell, pacing back and forth in the hospital waiting room.

"yo gilinsky, calm down. she'll be okay." johnson says from beside me, making my anger rise.

suddenly isabelle's scream was evident to my ears, and i bolted through the doors that read:

employees only
DO NOT ENTER.

"sir! mister gilinsky!" the nurse calls from behind me, isabelle immediately stretching her arm out to grip my hand.

"i'm here, baby." i say, stroking the tiny hairs resting on her face, back.

"mister gi–" the nurse begins, but isabelle is quick to shut her up.

"it's okay." isabelle soothes the situation, "i need him. please, let him stay?"

the nurses give each other sympathetic looks in which they share because of isabelle's pain.

"okay, mrs. gilinsky." the one nods, as all the rest get ready to really do this.

"one, two, three!" the lead nurse says, instructing isabelle.

within moments, our second child is out in the world.

ivy paisley gilinsky.

"hi my baby." i say, stroking our daughter's cheek.

isabelle's eyes were heavy, but she held onto her daughter like nothing else mattered.

"jack." isabelle grabs my attention, "hold her."

i oblige, softly picking ivy up from her mom.

"she has some of your features." i mention to isabelle.

"really?" isabelle asks, beginning to yawn.

my head moves slowly up and down, as i watch ivy sleep.

"do you wa–" when i look up from the question, that was now pending, that i was going to ask isabelle, i see her eyes relaxed as she sleeps.

the nurses bring in my mom, james, johnson, sammy, nate and alexandra.

"aw, she's sleeping!" my mom squeals, causing me and alex to chuckle.

"you know her." alex's sentence makes my mom chuckle, as i pass ivy to alex.

"she's so pretty!" alex lowly squeals.

i nod, "she looks like isabelle to me."

"she does. you better get ready to be a protective father, jack." my mom laughs, all of us laughing.

"congrats, man." johnson pats my shoulder.

"yeah, you've got some good lookin' kids here, aye jack?" sammy says, holding james.

"not all me, sammyboy." a smirk rises onto my face, as i turn around to look at isabelle.

she's still fast asleep, her chest slowly rising and falling.