fifty;

1 year later

isabelle;

"jack! get your son out of there!" i yell, as i watch our son, james, beside jack and getting into the kitchen cupboards.

jack chuckles, "no bud, don't do that."

this past year has been crazy. jack and i moved a month before james gilinsky was brought to the world. let me tell you, a pregnant woman and moving, those don't go well together.

"he's like you, aye?" jack jokes with me.

i give him a look, "how so?"

"he's irresistibly cute." jack says, resting his hand on my shoulder as we watch our son crawl.

"i was going to say he reminds me of you." i admit.

"why's that?" he asks, staring down at me.

with a shrug, i answer, "he can get in any amount of trouble, but still be able to win over my heart."

"i guess he's got a pretty good quality." jack says, staring down at me.

"hm, i suppose." i smile up at him, bringing my attention down to our son.

swiftly, jack leans down and picks james up, holding the month old baby in his arms.

james is two and a half months, and i can honestly say, he's at one of the best "stages". he still wakes up randomly during the night, but not as much as the first month.

those days, jack and i were up at all hours of the night. whereas now, we can get a solid five hour or so sleep before he wakes us up.

> >

"isabelle?!" i hear my name being called.

"what jack?!" i yell back, slightly annoyed.

there are two strong arms wrapped around my waist, "want to make another baby?"

quickly, i spin around.

"what the fuck did you just say?" i stare at jack, "you're playing with me. is it april fools day? jack, what the fuck!"

"come on!" he drags out his words, "i love you, you love me, we love james. james probably wants a sibling."

i sigh, "jack, i don't know."

"why not? i love you, and i know it's stupid, but making a baby is proof of that."

"really? so girls who get raped carelessly by men, that's because he loves her? that's his proof? sex isn't used as proof of love necessarily, jack." i say, quite offended by his reasoning.

"and, i don't want a baby just because you want it as proof of love. in your reasoning you said you loved me and that we love james, but where is the love for the family? i love the three of us. not too many members to it, but it's not just you and i."

he sighs, "i didn't mean it like that, isabelle. of course i love this family. that's why i quit music. imagine how much fun, how amazing, how awesome it would be to have another child. we could be proud of two, instead of just one. wouldn't you love to have a daughter, and watch her older brother protect her? watch her dance recitals, and then after go to his basketball game?"

"i know it'd be such a surreal feeling to have another kid and watch them grow up together, but are you sure that's what you want? why did this even pop into your mind all of a sudden?" i ask him, "it's going to be a lot of work, jack. i'm going back to work soon, lyza's already getting paperwork set up. you, you have to go back to work soon. you can't just give up on music, that's your dream."