fifty two (part two);

9.5 months later...

isabelle;

"morning, baby." i say to james as i see him sitting on the couch watching cartoons.

he happily whines, causing my smile to grow.

"where's your daddy?" i ask, james repeating my words.

"daddy?" james repeats, only moments later jack entering.

"i heard someone calling me?" he jokes, picking up our son and putting his free arm around my waist.

"and how's my other babies?" he asks, peering down at me. i lift myself onto my tippy toes to kiss him.

"better." i say, "now that you're here."

"i know, baby. i have to go into the studio today, but i'll be back before you know it." he informs me, causing my face to drop.

"again?" i whine, "but i need my baby daddy."

"oh, baby." jack sighs, setting his cold hand on my cheek, "i'll come home as soon as possible."

i look up at him, a frown still evident on my face.

"don't give me that look, babygirl. i'm sorry. i promise i would stay home with you if i could." he tells me.

"i know." i sigh, "its more so that i just need you. as much as i want you, i do need you. what if you're at the studio and my water breaks? fuck, jack. keep your phone near you?" 

"i'll get one of the gu–"

i quickly cut him off, "no. jack, i don't want to bother them."

"but, what if something does happen?" jack asks.

"then i'll call you." i tell him, looking at him with a slight smile on my face.

"alright baby, i'm gonna go now so i can get back quicker." he leans down to kiss my lips, as i reach up and rest my hand on his cheek.

"i love you." i kiss him once again, before he stands up fully.

"i love you, too. i'll see you soon." he finalizes the conversation and gives a quick kiss to james before walking out of the house.

> >

i did feel faint, quite faint i must say.

jack said he was on his way home, but that was forty minutes ago. it doesn't take forty minutes to come home. so honestly, i have no idea where he is.

and at that moment, the front door swung open and my husband came inside.

"baby?!" i hear jack call.

he no longer says a word as he sees me on the couch.

"where's james?" jack asks, as he observes the area where i am laying down.

i sigh, "i called your mom to come pick him up. he's at her house now."

"what's wrong? what's hurting?" he asks, sitting on the edge of the couch, placing his hand on my stomach.

"nothing hurts, i'm just weak. i tried getting up when james started crying and i felt like i was going to fall over." i explain, tears forming in my eyes.

"aw, come here baby. i'm sorry i had to leave." he embraces me.

i quickly wipe the tears away, taking in a deep breath.

"how was work, though?" i ask him, looking up to look in his eyes.

"good. i mean, i was racking my brain out thinking about how you were the entire time, but we got a lot accomplished." he admits, then licking his lips.

"can i have a kiss?" i ask, looking at his lips, but diverting my eyes back to his.

he nods, "you don't have to ask."

"i didn't wanna interrupt you." i shrug, as i watch him lean in to kiss me.

"i wouldn't care if you ever interrupted me to kiss me, isabelle." he chuckles, "that's crazy."

"you're crazy." i joke, sticking my tongue out at him.

he nods, "yep, you caught me. i'm crazy for you, baby."

"ha ha, how cheesy." i laugh.

"i know, i know. what can i say? i'm a cheesy guy." he laughs, "are you feeling any better?"

"yeah, i guess so." i shrug, "a lot better now that you're here."

"i'm sorry i couldn't be here today, isabelle." he says, "i really wish i–"

"jack, stop." i demand, "you're being crazy. trust me, it's okay."

"no!" he raises his voice, "isabelle, you needed me." his voice softens, "and i wasn't here. i should be a better hus–"

"don't you dare finish that sentence, jack. you're purely amazing and everything i've ever wanted in a guy. i don't want you to be any better. jack, babe, you're perfect." i set my hands on his cheeks, "i love you."

"isabelle, i love you so much." he softy says, grabbing my hands a leaving a lingering kiss on my forehead, "i'm gonna go shower, holler if you need me, okay?"

"okay." i nod, as i watch him get off the couch, "wait! jack?" i grab his hand.

"yeah?" he looks back at me.

i smile, "can i have a kiss?"

he leans down to me and kisses my lips, "it pleasures me just as much as it pleasures you, so yes. yes you can."

"love you, baby love." i chuckle at the weird name i gave him.

"baby love, huh?" he smirks.

i nod.

"god i can't wait to f—" i cut him off my slapping his arm.

"hey! there is a baby inside of me! our baby, so don't swear!" i scold him.

"whoops, okay. i'm going to shower now." he smirks, walking away.

god, i love him.