forty eight;

isabelle;

"d..don't leave me." i hear someone say from beside me, "no. no, no you can't!"

when i clue in, it's jack. he's having a nightmare.

"calm down, isabelle, you've read about this." i breathe.

water! i run to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of warm water, making sure to be careful not to spill it on the way back upstairs.

jack's upset mood got progressively worse in this nightmare. he had tears streaming down his face- which broke my heart- and he was not staying still.

"jack, baby!" i rose my voice, trying very hard to wake him. after all of the water was poured onto him, he woke up in an extreme panic.

"hey, hey." i take him in my arms, his head resting on my chest. his arms stayed laced around my waist, securely holding me in place. "do you want to talk about it?" i ask, as he still tries to catch his rapid breath.

he lightly shakes his head, "not right now." he manages to say, as i nod.

my hands stroke his back, feeling sweat all over.

"come here." i say, getting up.

"don't go." he says, his voice weak.

my heart breaks, "come with me, babe. i'm going to clean you up, you're sweaty."

i take his hand in mine, guiding him to the washroom. when i step foot into the room, his arms go around my waist, his head nuzzling into the crock of my neck.

"jack, come on." i try to say, but my giggles getting the best of me.

with him attached to me, i grab a cloth from the drawer, making sure to wet it with cold water.

once i drench it, i force jack to unhook himself from me so i can take the thin coat of sweat off.

"that feels so good." he says as his hands rest on the counter, making him in a slight hunched over position from him being so tall.

"good." i say, "are you okay now, baby?"

"yeah." he turns to me, "i can't bare the thought of you leaving. and, i was just slightly forced to think of it and see it happen in my mind." he says, his eyes tearing up.

"hey." i say, my voice softening, "i won't leave you ever. okay? i love you so much, jack, why would i leave? you haven't given me another valid reason to, so i won't."

i go on my tippy toes, my lips colliding with his. his hand went on my neck, holding it to deepen the kiss.

my arms laced up and around his neck, pulling him down more towards me.

"bed?" he mumbles.

"no." i reply, not wanting to feel any type of guilt if something happens to the baby.

i slightly pull away, making sure i can look in his eyes.

"only nine more months." i say, a smile on my face.

"you're right." he sighs, "let's go back to bed." he says, slapping my ass to make me walk.

"excuse you." i gasp, turning around to slap his arm.

we climb into bed, both of us cuddling close to each other.

"i love you." he says with his chin resting on my head.

"i love you." i mumble into his chest, before drifting off to sleep.