thirty four; (part 2)

seven months later... (this is the same day as part one, just her perspective)

isabelle;

"fuck!" i yell, throwing the papers with the results on the table, leaning back into the couch with my hands covering my face.

my phone began to ring, causing me to grown. i slowly sit up, looking at who the hell is bothering me now. fucking cameron.

"hello?" i angerly say into the speaker.

"hey, isabelle. are you okay to talk?" he asks, slightly sceptical of my tone.

i sigh, "not trying to be rude here, cam, but now's not the time to be testing my patience. so tell me what you want, so i can hang up and go back to my life."

"uh.. okay? i just wanted to know if you have the papers?" he asks.

quick images of jack float into my mind, making my stomach clench.

"yeah.. yeah, i do. i'll email them to you since i have the emails." i respond.

"alright, thanks." he says, hanging up the phone.

my eyes begin to sting, tears starting to fall.

i throw the result papers to the side, not wanting to worry about that right now, and go onto my laptop to email dumb business papers to cameron.

> >

jack hasn't called or texted me all day, evening, nor all night. it's about 10pm, and i know that he is probably going to be going to bed within the next three hours. that doesn't mean he can't text me a quick "i love you," not even a hi, though?

while preparing myself a snack, i hear my phone buzz. with trying to multitask, i lean over to look at who it was and what the preview read.

johnson: call me

i roll my eyes at how pathetic it is that my husband can't text me, but his best friend can.. what the fuck.

am i overreacting? i don't know.

doing as told, i call jack johnson, pressing speaker immediately.

"hello?" he answers, "oh hey kim, yeah hold on, let me just go into the hall for a second so i don't disturb him."

at first i was confused, but i eventually caught on that he was trying to escape jack's presence.

"hey izz, sorry about that." he finally speaks.

"yeah it's okay, why'd you want me to call?" i ask, taking my phone into the living room with me.

"uh, so i know jack hasn't called you today, right?" i scoff immediately.

"yeah, no kidding, not even a fuckin text." i answer, my blood boiling for what seemed like the hundredth time today.

he lightly chuckles, "oh, well, i wanted to call you to see how you're doing... i know you've been pretty on edge lately."

"what the fuck, how do you know that?" i gasp.

"jack and i's best friends still live in los angeles... so i mean, they update him on you and then he tells me." johnson explains.

immediately, i sigh, "yeah, i guess you could say on edge."

"why? talk to your big brother." i lightly chuckle at the title he gave himself.