thirty nine;

johnson;

all night there was this aching in my stomach. the aching has been causing me to not be able to fall asleep. honestly, i think it's because isabelle hasn't come back to the house yet.

last night, sammy and nate took her out to the bar. they invited me, but i kind of just wanted to stay at home and do whatever.

it was now 5am, and i had just abruptly been woken up by a loud bang. it was only isabelle and i in the house, so what the noise was, i don't know.

"isabelle?!" i call as i haul myself out of bed. yeah, yeah, calling someone's name when you don't know what a sound is can be dangerous. but i'm certain that it wasn't someone breaking in or anything.

being shirtless, chills ran down my spine as the house remained silent. at the moment though, i kind of cared less about what i looked like right now.

"isabelle?" i repeat, looking into her room. no one's there.

so she obviously isn't back from the bar. maybe she stayed at their house? yeah, maybe that's what happened. but still, i can't go back to sleep until i know what that sound was.

without hesitation, i go downstairs, and see a sight that freaks me the fuck out.

"shit, shit." i run over to her, "isabelle, wake up. no, no. fuck!" i yell when she isn't responding.

i pry the piece of furniture off of her and run to grab my phone off the kitchen counter.

with no thought process needed, i call an ambulance to get her to the hospital fast.

the first person to contact about her going to the hospital is jack. technically he is still her husband, and i don't think they'd be so easy with giving me, someone listed as a friend, information. whereas, a husband, they would tell him exactly what was going on.

"johnson?" jack's voice is raspy. tears are currently in my eyes, as i am praying he won't be too pissed.

"uh.. i know it's five am, but it's an emergency jack. fuck, meet me at the hospital in half hour." i say and hang up the phone. now calling sammy, the one i consider responsible for this.

the rings continue to repeat, as i know the voicemail is coming quite soon.

"fuck." i hang up, trying to contact nate next.

"pick up, pick–"

"hello?" thank god.

"nate, you and sammy better get your fucking asses to the hospital in half an hour. okay?"

"ha, okay?" he slurs and hangs up.

> >

"johnson?" i hear my name being called, as my foot won't stop tapping anxiously on the ceramic floor.

jack stands above me, eyebrows furrowed and hair a mess.

"jack." tears begin to leave my eyes, "i'm so sorry. it wasn't my fault completely, but i'm so sorry."

"what the fuck's going on, johnson?" he looks at me seriously.

"jack? jack? what the fuck is going on and why are we here?" sammy, probably the most sober out of him and nate, ask.