thirty eight;

isabelle;

"no, no, no!" sammy and i yell.

johnson and nate both laughing as hard as humanly possible, sammy and i run away from the two wackos, who continue to chase us around neighbourhood.

as i'm running, sammy quickly stops laughing, grabbing my waist to stop me. nate and johnson stop too, me looking at the three.

"oh." i gulp hard at the person the three stopped for "what do you want, jack?"

"can we talk?" he blurts, looking straight at me.

"not without us there." sammy buds in, continuing to hold onto my waist as i finally release myself from his grasp.

"sammy, stop." i say, pushing sammy back and turn back to jack, "yeah. i'll give you ten minutes, jack."

he sends me a look that says thank you, while the other three give me a warning stare.

him and i walk back to johnson's house, standing on the porch. i sit down on the chair, and he sits on the other.

"times ticking, jack." i warn, causing him to quickly gather his thoughts and unload them.

"i'm sorry. i didn't mean to say that i didn't regret the decision i made, because god knows i regretted it. god, did i ever. the last thing i wanted, and want, to do is hurt you. isabelle, i know i don't deserve a second chance. hell.. why would i? i know losing my three best friends was my consequence. but losing you, that was, well... is, something that makes me rather die than live through. i saw sammy grab onto your waist, and i immediately felt a pain in my heart, thinking of the possibility of you and him together. i used to be the one able to grab onto your waist and hold you–"

i quickly stop him, "jack. i know this is you getting closure, but i need you to stop bringing up the past. it's not healthy for you to continually think about another guy holding me like you did, or whatever. it doesn't matter. you ruined it for yourself, not the other way around."

he sighs, "i know, i know." he puts his hands over his face, "i just can't deal with life anymore. you're not there and i don't know what to do."

"sorry to say, but jack, you should've thought about that before you went and did what you did." i shake my head, standing from my chair. that is, only to be met face to face with jack standing before me.

"don't leave me." he whispers.

"i have to." i say as my voice cracks, squeezing past him and proceed to walk back to where the other guys were standing with tears welled up in my eyes.

> >

none of us had heard anything about or from jack in the last week when he came to talk to me. i kind of regret just walking away, but at the same time, i know something bad would've happened if i stayed there.

"breaking news!" the entertainment people say, "jack gilinsky arrested for attacking a paparazzi after they continually questioned him on wife, isabelle mendez."

"the couple have been away from each other for weeks now, after apparently splitting — according to unknown sources." another spoke.

"that's bullshit!" i yell, throwing a piece of crumpled paper at the tv, "who the fuck told them!?"

johnson pat my back, "hey. it's okay."

my eyes began to tear as the show plastered old pictures of jack and i.

"fuck." i mumble.

with his "brotherly" instincts, johnson embraced me, rubbing circles on my back.