forty one;

two months later...

isabelle;

"hey, thanks for helping me, al." i hug my sister, not wanting to let go.

"have a safe flight, okay? i love you so much." alex hugs me tighter, "tell jack i said hi, too."

"alright, i will. love you too." i smile as i let go, "bye, sista."

> >

i got into jack's car after he placed my luggage in the back seat. as i got in, he immediately stared me down.

"what?" i automatically ask, feeling quite uncomfortable under his intense gaze.

"why the fuck did you just leave?" he asks, anger laced in his voice, along with sadness.

if you're confused as to what he's referring to — two months ago, when jack and i got on decent terms, the media exploded. jack's secret of being a cheater was out, and it was bad. johnson got a bunch of hate for being a "bad friend", so did sammy and nate.

jack also got a shit ton of hate, obviously. the main statement i always heard from his fans were: "jack gilinsky has changed since reconnecting with isabelle and becoming famous." and, "jack gilinsky, fake or real?" it bothered me to her all the shit being said about him, because really.. it's nobody's business except his and mine.

so i left.

"i couldn't handle all the bullshit, jack. johnson, nate, sammy were all lying to cover your ass. even i had to lie once or twice. i couldn't live like that, jack. alexandra called me one day, asking if i was okay after hearing about it on the stupid talk shows. i broke down. every piece of strength inside of me was gone. i had to leave la for a little, and so i did."

"you didn't even tell me though? you didn't tell anyone." he argues, not as much anger still in his voice. but there's definitely still sadness. not even sadness, it sounds more like betrayal.

"i was worried about you. the whole time i didn't know if you left la and weren't coming back." he continues, "would you like it, or be okay with it, if i just up and left one day without a word of acknowledgment to you, a goodbye, without anything?"

"of course not, jack. but come on, i am a grown woman. i can make my own decisions. it's just, this one was very last minute and spur of the moment. i needed my sister, more than you needed a goodbye from me, jack." i said before shaking my head lightly, staring out the car window.

minutes have passed, and we're still just sitting in the vehicle, not. moving.

"can we go now?" i groan, looking over at him.

a deep laugh escaped his mouth, as he shook his head in a displeasing way, "you don't care about me anymore, do you? everything you said about not saying i will, but i'll try to forgive you. was that all just plain and utter fucking bullshit? tell me the truth, isabelle. are you actually trying to forgive me?"

"no-fuckin-shit jack! of course i am!" i loudly curse, running a hand through my hair, "maybe if you didn't open your big mouth so fast when i entered the car, you'd know that when i was with alex, she helped me forgive you! so yes, i did forgive you, asshole."